JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Highway Bus ticket help? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/33121-highway-bus-ticket-help.html)

jesselt 07-30-2010 05:27 AM

Highway Bus ticket help?

When I arrive in KIX I will be taking a highway bus to Kyoto station, then a taxi to my hotel. I'm confused about when I purchase the ticket for the bus though. Is it just purchased on the bus when I enter, or in the airport before?

Also, will there be a taxi stand outside Kyoto station? I've never really used a taxi before, so I don't know what to expect. When I get in the taxi should I just say something like ホテルモンタレ京都お願いします。?

Any help is appreciated!

MMM 07-30-2010 05:33 AM

After getting your luggage and passing through immigration walk forward until you are outside. Turn left and follow the sidewalk to the "limousine bus" are. There are a dozen or so numbered "bus stops" on the road to the right and some electronic ticket counters on the left. There is usually a few helpers at the ticket counters to help ensure you get to the right bus and buy the right ticket.

Looks like Kyoto is #8

Kansai International Airport | Access Information | Bus

And costs 2500 yen

kyoto sta.

jesselt 07-30-2010 05:48 AM

MMM, you are my hero.

Do you have any information on the taxi cabs?

MMM 07-30-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 821994)
MMM, you are my hero.

Do you have any information on the taxi cabs?

What do you want to know?

jesselt 07-30-2010 05:54 AM

From my first post: Also, will there be a taxi stand outside Kyoto station? I've never really used a taxi before, so I don't know what to expect. When I get in the taxi should I just say something like ホテルモンタレ京都お願いします。?

MMM 07-30-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 821996)
From my first post: Also, will there be a taxi stand outside Kyoto station? I've never really used a taxi before, so I don't know what to expect. When I get in the taxi should I just say something like ホテルモンタレ京都お願いします。?

Oh, sorry about that. Yes, there are taxis in front of Kyoto Station. Hotel Monterey is about 1 mile due north of Kyoto station. If you are feeling energized, you could walk it. Otherwise it will be about 650 yen by taxi. Take the address, just in case the driver isn't familiar.

jesselt 07-30-2010 06:05 AM

Thanks a bunch MMM! We may end up walking, but we won't be arriving in Kyoto until around 11PM, so we may not feel up to walking a mile in the dark with our bags =)

MMM 07-30-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 821998)
Thanks a bunch MMM! We may end up walking, but we won't be arriving in Kyoto until around 11PM, so we may not feel up to walking a mile in the dark with our bags =)

Probably not a great idea. Easy to get lost. Take the taxi.