JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: 3h 25 minutes enough for Tokyo Airport Transfer @4pm on Tuesday?
Yes indeed [YES] 9 64.29%
Not a chance [NO] 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jajko (Offline)
New to JF

Itinerary Advice - tight transfer - 09-09-2010, 05:20 AM

Hello everyone. Hope everyone's having a great night (or day).

Let me start by saying this (before anyone jumps on my case): I know there are more than enough “Narita to Haneda” threads on the internet.

All the same, I would really like some personal advice based on my specific flight. That’s what’s so cool about forums. Anyway – maybe I’m getting all defensive for no reason ; )

So here’s my deal. I’ll try to make it short and sweet from this point on.

Background Info:

Flying NEW YORK to TOKYO to OITA (need to end up in Beppu). Both flights with ANA.

Tokyo transfer: NRT >>> Haneda

Arrival: Tuesday 3:25PM Narita Terminal 1

Depart: Tuesday 6:50PM Haneda Terminal D2

3h and 25 minutes to make the transfer.

My first time in Tokyo & my first time in Japan! I’ve got very little knowledge of the language and ZERO experience with their transportation systems.

Questions:

Basically I need some major help. Help from some experienced travelers who have done this Tokyo thing a million times. Based on the above time of the day, and the current 2010 routes of trains/busses --aa WHAT is the best thing for me to do?

Is 3.5h enough time for customs and the tedious transfer? If I don't make it, what are my other options?

Needless to say, I’d pay a little bit more if it means being less stressed or getting to Haneda faster.

If you read all of this bless ya!

- Jajko

Last edited by Jajko : 09-09-2010 at 05:23 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-09-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajko View Post
Hello everyone. Hope everyone's having a great night (or day).

Let me start by saying this (before anyone jumps on my case): I know there are more than enough “Narita to Haneda” threads on the internet.

All the same, I would really like some personal advice based on my specific flight. That’s what’s so cool about forums. Anyway – maybe I’m getting all defensive for no reason ; )

So here’s my deal. I’ll try to make it short and sweet from this point on.

Background Info:

Flying NEW YORK to TOKYO to OITA (need to end up in Beppu). Both flights with ANA.

Tokyo transfer: NRT >>> Haneda

Arrival: Tuesday 3:25PM Narita Terminal 1

Depart: Tuesday 6:50PM Haneda Terminal D2

3h and 25 minutes to make the transfer.

My first time in Tokyo & my first time in Japan! I’ve got very little knowledge of the language and ZERO experience with their transportation systems.

Questions:

Basically I need some major help. Help from some experienced travelers who have done this Tokyo thing a million times. Based on the above time of the day, and the current 2010 routes of trains/busses --aa WHAT is the best thing for me to do?

Is 3.5h enough time for customs and the tedious transfer? If I don't make it, what are my other options?

Needless to say, I’d pay a little bit more if it means being less stressed or getting to Haneda faster.

If you read all of this bless ya!

- Jajko
I searched Hyperdia for you. I used 16:25 as your departure criteria from narita, assuming it will take you 1 hour to check out, get your luggage and get yourself to the station accordingly, and its showing an arrival time at Haneda Terminal 2 at 18:05. Cutting it really close, BUT, because its a domestic flight, maybe the check-in procuedure won't be as long. I don't know....

But here is the itinerary. From Narita, take the Keisei Sky Liner 32 t to Nippori, switch to the JR Yamannote Line in NIppori, take it to Hamamatsucho. From Hamamatsucho, take the Nonorail to the Haneda Terminal 2

Now here is the thing. Its easy for the connection in Nippori, its not hard to find the platform for the Yamanote (You need the outer Loop BTW), but its not easy to navigate around Hamamatsucho to get to the Monorail

Your call, I'd say its not enough time
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Aren't their shuttles from Narita to Haneda? People do this kind of transfer every day.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2010, 09:42 PM

There are. Generally takes 1 and an half hours. I personally would do it. Though it's a bit pushing.

Airport Limousine Bus-Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
09-09-2010, 11:03 PM

I´d try the bus transfer as well because you don´t know the city and the bus leaves every 10 to 15 min around 4pm.
I also didn´t think customs in Japan where to bad / to long of a wait, i took alot more time to get through customs in the US. Maybe you could also ask some airport personell if you could skip the line because you have a connection in Haneda (show them your ticket), maybe you get lucky.

Otherwise i think it might be ok but tight!

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-18-2010, 01:37 PM

I've done this twice without a problem, even two hours is enough time. The lines at Japanese customs are long, but for those who have to make a connecting flight they'll open a separate lane so you don't have to wait behind those whose end destination is Tokyo. The system is quite efficient, and unless there is bad weather around Narita (which happens from time to time), you shouldn't have any problems.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Jajko (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2010, 09:15 AM

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update. I took the transfer and everything worked out just fine. I was there with an hour to spare.

Now I'm here enjoying Japan

THANKS