JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Shazzie (Offline)
New to JF

Need some help planning - 10-24-2010, 08:44 AM

I am planning a family holiday in march to japan we will be coming for 9 day.. We have hosted Japanese students on australia and plan to catch up with them but not stay with them they are in yokahama, wakayama and fukui
my question is do we stay in one place maybe base ourselves on osaka and travel and see the sites or should we break it up say 3 days in each area, being teenagers they have not committed to any suggestions so we are going under the assumption that we will just do our own thing what do you think would be best...remembering that we will have 4 suitcases and have 2 teen ages that are intent on doing lots of shopping
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tsurezure (Offline)
New to JF

10-24-2010, 10:24 AM

Osaka to Wakayama roughly 80 min,to Fukui 120 min,to Yokohama 130 min by train.
Doing lots of shopping in Wakayama and Fukui is like looking for water in the Sahara.

If I were you,first,I would arrive at Narita airport and stay around Yokohama(greater Tokyo area) for four days.Next go to Osaka and stay there for five days with day trips to Fukui and Wakayama.Finally,I depart Kansai airport for home.
I wouldn't mind contrary course.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Shazzie (Offline)
New to JF

10-24-2010, 08:23 PM

thats what i thought, we fly in to Kanasi airport and the first night will be greeted by on of our students she has asked us to come to their house for the night in wakayma, then my thoughts were to go to a youth hostel in osaka or reasonably priced motel ( any suggestions ) for 5 nights so that we can do fukui Hiroshima, and day trips around the sights. then up to tokyo for 3 nights then bullet train back to Kanasi to fly out
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie View Post
thats what i thought, we fly in to Kanasi airport and the first night will be greeted by on of our students she has asked us to come to their house for the night in wakayma, then my thoughts were to go to a youth hostel in osaka or reasonably priced motel ( any suggestions ) for 5 nights so that we can do fukui Hiroshima, and day trips around the sights. then up to tokyo for 3 nights then bullet train back to Kanasi to fly out
Can families stay in youth hostels? There are no "motels" in Japan, but are reasonably priced hotels all over.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tsurezure (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2010, 03:01 AM

My point is that you don't necessary use same airport.Going back to Kanasi only to fly out is a waste of time.Take it into consideration,when you book your flights.

In general,Families can stay in youth hostels which have private rooms.but not always they have.
If you really want to stay,check this and ask them.
Japan Youth Hostels, Inc.
If you don't mind staying in dormitory, youth hostels might be cheapest.But if you want to stay in private rooms,they are not always cheapest.Try "business hotels".

Last edited by tsurezure : 10-25-2010 at 06:33 AM.