JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Have you ever been to Japan? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/34465-have-you-ever-been-japan.html)

godwine 10-25-2010 05:03 PM

Have you ever been to Japan?

Hey all, not really doing anything with this data, just doing this out of curiosity. Please kindly answer the following

1. How old are you?

2. Have you ever been to Japan?

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times?

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for?

5. Which one is your favourite city?

6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go?

7. What attracts you?

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why?

StonerPenguin 10-25-2010 06:50 PM

1. How old are you?
I'm a 19-year-old girl.

Nope.

No, though I'd like to go, I don't have a super-hardcore desire to.

7. What attracts you?
Food, sights, culture -- all that. Since I'm an USAF cadet I'd love to be stationed in Okinawa.

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why?
Hmm, well if it's only for one day, I'd choose a bustling city that still had some shrines and a garden (like Tokyo). An ideal visit would be to go sight-seeing for most of the day, see one of my favorite Japanese bands/musicians in concert and in the evening go eat as many new things as I could (hopefully I would have not eaten all day -- IMO trying new food is so much better when you're starving :D) and end the day in a nice hotel with a hot spring. I'd also like to see the Okinawan beaches ;)

Firebird 10-25-2010 09:43 PM

1. 27

2. yes

3. twice

4. 1 year

5. Tokyo

7. Food, friends, anime, the language, matsuri, hot summers, huge contrast between old and new,....

8. I guess i´d go with Tokyo because there is so much to see and do + i have very good friends living there and i have spent quite a bit of time in this city. Closely followed by Sendai (because of Matsushima close by) and Fukuoka (i just like this city)

Falculator 10-25-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 834664)
Hey all, not really doing anything with this data, just doing this out of curiosity. Please kindly answer the following

1. How old are you?
23 years old

Yes!

Just once, definitely want to go back when I learn some Japanese though!

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for?
2 months

Gosh... I loved Hiroshima, Kyoto, and Tokyo. I honestly can't pick a favorite because they are all my favorite in different ways.

7. What attracts you?
I was over there for a study abroad program, also I'm Japanese biologically but didn't know a whole lot about the culture and lifestyle.

I didn't get to see Mt. Fuji, so I would definitely go there for the Fuji rock festival.

JohnBraden 10-26-2010 12:03 AM

1. How old are you? 45

2. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? 3 times for a total of 753 days

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 731 days (10/31/87-10/31/89) at Misawa AB, Aomori-ken. I was there when Hirohito died....long mourning period

5. Which one is your favourite city? Tokyo

6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? n/a

7. What attracts you? Difference in just about everything, culture, pace, women, lights, history....

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Kyoto, to visit all the temples and shrines....

GoNative 10-26-2010 03:46 AM

1. How old are you? 39

2. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes (live here)

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? couple of times

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 6 1/2 years

5. Which one is your favourite city? Hakodate

Nyororin 10-26-2010 06:20 AM

1. How old are you?

Yes, I live there.

Umm, I think I`ve had 6 or 7 entries into the country...

10 years. But if we want to be very picky and refer to time spent in the country without leaving it at all for any reason (like on vacation...) - 5 1/2 years.

I like a lot of different places for a lot of different reasons, but wouldn`t choose to *live* anywhere but around Nagoya.

The rest don`t really apply.

Ugeda 10-26-2010 04:32 PM

1. How old are you?
19, soon 20.

Yes.

Once.

A year.

Osaka

7. What attracts you?
Temples, gardens, tea, good food, interesting things to photograph.

JamboP26 10-26-2010 05:45 PM

1. How old are you? 20 (from today. lol)
2. Have you ever been to Japan? No
6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? I love to, & live there
7. What attracts you? Everything, & I mean that. The culture, people, customs, entertainment, fashion etc. all appeals to me
8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Tokyo, as it has nearly all aspects of Japan in one place. Although, I'd be happy in any Japanese city :vsign:

JohnBraden 10-26-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamboP26 (Post 834821)
1. How old are you? 20 (from today. lol)
2. Have you ever been to Japan? No
6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? I love to, & live there
7. What attracts you? Everything, & I mean that. The culture, people, customs, entertainment, fashion etc. all appeals to me
8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Tokyo, as it has nearly all aspects of Japan in one place. Although, I'd be happy in any Japanese city :vsign:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!