JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Have you ever been to Japan? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/34465-have-you-ever-been-japan.html)

godwine 10-25-2010 05:03 PM

Have you ever been to Japan?

Hey all, not really doing anything with this data, just doing this out of curiosity. Please kindly answer the following

1. How old are you?

2. Have you ever been to Japan?

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times?

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for?

5. Which one is your favourite city?

6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go?

7. What attracts you?

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why?

StonerPenguin 10-25-2010 06:50 PM

1. How old are you?
I'm a 19-year-old girl.

Nope.

No, though I'd like to go, I don't have a super-hardcore desire to.

7. What attracts you?
Food, sights, culture -- all that. Since I'm an USAF cadet I'd love to be stationed in Okinawa.

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why?
Hmm, well if it's only for one day, I'd choose a bustling city that still had some shrines and a garden (like Tokyo). An ideal visit would be to go sight-seeing for most of the day, see one of my favorite Japanese bands/musicians in concert and in the evening go eat as many new things as I could (hopefully I would have not eaten all day -- IMO trying new food is so much better when you're starving :D) and end the day in a nice hotel with a hot spring. I'd also like to see the Okinawan beaches ;)

Firebird 10-25-2010 09:43 PM

1. 27

2. yes

3. twice

4. 1 year

5. Tokyo

7. Food, friends, anime, the language, matsuri, hot summers, huge contrast between old and new,....

8. I guess i´d go with Tokyo because there is so much to see and do + i have very good friends living there and i have spent quite a bit of time in this city. Closely followed by Sendai (because of Matsushima close by) and Fukuoka (i just like this city)

Falculator 10-25-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 834664)
Hey all, not really doing anything with this data, just doing this out of curiosity. Please kindly answer the following

1. How old are you?
23 years old

Yes!

Just once, definitely want to go back when I learn some Japanese though!

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for?
2 months

Gosh... I loved Hiroshima, Kyoto, and Tokyo. I honestly can't pick a favorite because they are all my favorite in different ways.

7. What attracts you?
I was over there for a study abroad program, also I'm Japanese biologically but didn't know a whole lot about the culture and lifestyle.

I didn't get to see Mt. Fuji, so I would definitely go there for the Fuji rock festival.

JohnBraden 10-26-2010 12:03 AM

1. How old are you? 45

2. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? 3 times for a total of 753 days

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 731 days (10/31/87-10/31/89) at Misawa AB, Aomori-ken. I was there when Hirohito died....long mourning period

5. Which one is your favourite city? Tokyo

6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? n/a

7. What attracts you? Difference in just about everything, culture, pace, women, lights, history....

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Kyoto, to visit all the temples and shrines....

GoNative 10-26-2010 03:46 AM

1. How old are you? 39

2. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes (live here)

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? couple of times

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 6 1/2 years

5. Which one is your favourite city? Hakodate

Nyororin 10-26-2010 06:20 AM

1. How old are you?

Yes, I live there.

Umm, I think I`ve had 6 or 7 entries into the country...

10 years. But if we want to be very picky and refer to time spent in the country without leaving it at all for any reason (like on vacation...) - 5 1/2 years.

I like a lot of different places for a lot of different reasons, but wouldn`t choose to *live* anywhere but around Nagoya.

The rest don`t really apply.

Ugeda 10-26-2010 04:32 PM

1. How old are you?
19, soon 20.

Yes.

Once.

A year.

Osaka

7. What attracts you?
Temples, gardens, tea, good food, interesting things to photograph.

JamboP26 10-26-2010 05:45 PM

1. How old are you? 20 (from today. lol)
2. Have you ever been to Japan? No
6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? I love to, & live there
7. What attracts you? Everything, & I mean that. The culture, people, customs, entertainment, fashion etc. all appeals to me
8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Tokyo, as it has nearly all aspects of Japan in one place. Although, I'd be happy in any Japanese city :vsign:

JohnBraden 10-26-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamboP26 (Post 834821)
1. How old are you? 20 (from today. lol)
2. Have you ever been to Japan? No
6. If you have never been to Japan, would you like to go? I love to, & live there
7. What attracts you? Everything, & I mean that. The culture, people, customs, entertainment, fashion etc. all appeals to me
8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Tokyo, as it has nearly all aspects of Japan in one place. Although, I'd be happy in any Japanese city :vsign:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Columbine 10-26-2010 08:39 PM

1. How old are you?
23, female

Yes

Two entries to the country, but basically one long trip.

One year.

Kyoto

Aioi in Hyougo prefecture.

JamboP26 10-26-2010 09:21 PM

Thanks, man (^_^)

samokan 10-27-2010 01:28 AM

1. How old are you?
Yes, currently living here
3 Times before I decided to stay here

6 years and counting

Kansai Area

N.A.
7. What attracts you?
everything the country has to offer

Hokkaido, since I've never been there :p

WingsToDiscovery 10-27-2010 02:06 AM

1. How old are you?
20 something male.

I'm living here in Tokyo now.

My first time was moving here. So once, I guess.

I've been here almost 3 months now.

Tokyo. Only place I've been but I love it.

N/A

7. What attracts you?
Foodz, wimmin, partyz, lyfe

SHAD0W 10-27-2010 09:28 AM

1. How old are you?

I'm 23.

Yes.

Once. I plan on going again soon, maybe next summer.

6 weeks.

Odaiba.

7. What attracts you?

The food, the drink, the people.

I'd like to visit Osaka or Nagoya because I didn't get chance to go out that way last time.

SweetLolitaJuliet 10-27-2010 09:38 AM

1. How old are you?

No..
---
---
I'm not sure, I like a lot of them :)
Torn between Fukuoka City and Tokyo.

YES!!! :D

7. What attracts you?
Music, language, culture and fashion

Well... I'd want to go to BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT in Daikanyama.. Is that a good enough answer? I could spend all day there :D

DaisukeKigurou 10-27-2010 11:57 AM

1. How old are you?

19 ( but since my birthday is not far off * a month*, you COULD say I am 20...)

No.. ( But, I'd REALLY LOVE to go and possibly live there to get away from this hell hole...)

---

---

Nagoya, Osaka, Okinawa

YES!!!

7. What attracts you?

Music, language, culture, beverages, food,fashion, manga (books), anime (tv shows), history, the government, the people, the hustle a bustle of city life and how calm and peaceful it is in smaller towns without, being boring and full of redneck morons ( IE: Shelton). I also like the fact that the crime rate is so low and how you can still get a Job in Japan right now even though the economy is shit.

I also like the fact that, people in Japan are more acceptable about things. To them it doesn't matter who you are as long as your working, and not sucking off the system. ; taking tax payers money and using it to buy frivolous crap rather then using it for your education.

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to
visit? And Why?

I really don't know for sure, what I do know is that I'd spend sometime at some temples in Japan preying and taking some pictures. I'd then, go to a bookstore and just browse. After that, I'd hop on to a train and head to Akihabara and buy somethings there and meet some people.

If, I still had enough time I'd go looking for historical places in Japan and have fun there meeting even more people and possibly make friends. Or, I'd go to the towns where some of the more famous writers (mangakas) grew up and take pictures of where they lived and where they went to school. Pretty much, that would be my day.

I'd also like to add that, I would try to take pictures of the native trees and wildlife in Japan and hang out in the shops.

( Japan is such a beautiful place filled with nice people, history, culture, technology, appreciation for literature, appreciation for art, appreciation for reading, and a love for education and open-minded-intelligent people.)

duo797 10-27-2010 05:08 PM

1. How old are you?
20 (Male)
Yes
Once (will be twice in January)
23 Days
Fukuoka (Only one I've really been to, though)

7. What attracts you?
The food, a lot of the culture, the language, getting to experience a country other than my own.

Fukuoka, because I'd like to get chance to meet again with all the people that I met the first time I visited Japan. Seeing people again would definitely be my biggest draw in picking a city.

Swordmaster 10-27-2010 07:23 PM

??????????

Rakutenka 10-27-2010 08:20 PM

1. How old are you?

not yet <3
-
-

I'm interested in a lot of cities, but most interested I'm in the capital
Tokio and interested in Kyoto...and Hiroshima!

I'm going to go in 2012 <3 hopefully <3 I've always wanted to go there

7. What attracts you?
A lot of things! People, life, culture...art <3

I guess I would decide on visiting Tokio, since it's the capital and well..
Going there just for 1 day isn't enough...I mean...there's too much to see!
*________*

AsianAtHeart 10-28-2010 04:54 AM

1. How old are you?
17 (18 soon, though)

Yes

Once.

5 weeks (student exchange trip)

Osaka

Have been.

7. What attracts you?
The technology, culture, music, and fashion.

Tokyo, because I want to take a look around Harajuku

MissMisa 10-28-2010 08:52 AM

1. How old are you?

I'm a 19 year old female.

No. I am going on May 29th 2011.

Yes, as mentioned I will be going to Japan next year. Flights are booked!

7. What attracts you?

The language, the scenery, the popular culture, the people. The new experience, I guess.

Well since I've never been it'll have to be Tokyo, think that's the starting place for everyone on their first trip to Japan.

medu 11-02-2010 08:50 AM

1. How old are you?

yeah summer 2009! best time of my life

only one time

one month!

tokyo! and from tokyo shibuya and harajuku

hell yea

7. What attracts you?
the fashion, food, music, culture, people EVERYTHING about japan

tokyo..cos its the love of my life

jerichos 11-02-2010 09:17 AM

In 2011 I will visit Japan :)

samurai007 11-12-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

1. How old are you?
Yes
Once (though I did fly home for a quick family visit once while living in Japan)
2 years
I explored Osaka the most and love it
I'd like to go back again for a visit.
7. What attracts you?
The people, food, culture, etc
Kyoto... I didn't get as much time to see it as I wanted

Answers above...

V1nn1 11-13-2010 04:32 PM

1. I'm 15 years old
2. No
6. Of course!
7. History, the culture, the creativity (music, anime, manga, games), and the landscape (mountains, sakura trees etc.)
8. I have no idea, but I think any city would do. Big, small, or even a village :mtongue:

JessX 11-13-2010 09:56 PM

1 preteen
2 a big NO
6 ...
7 video game, anime, drama, people, exotic stuff
8 morning Kyoto, afternoon Osaka, night Tokyo and I'm not sure if this is in right order

DualEdge 11-21-2010 05:51 PM

1. How old are you?
Yes
Twice
Two weeks each time
Definitely Tokyo, Hakone is a close second in terms of non-modern locale.
7. What attracts you?
Culture, cutting-edge technologies, Japanese hospitality and J-POP :)
Tokyo, because it's more in line with my interests than some of the other parts of Japan.

RickOShay 11-21-2010 11:20 PM

1. How old are you?

Yes.

I have entered the country about 9 times.

Longest duration without leaving would only be about 1 year, however I have been a resident here for more than 5 years, and have spent about 6 1/2 years of my life in total here.

Probably Hiroshima, i find it quite amazing, alive, and yet unsettling at the same time.

7. What attracts you?
To Japan I assume?? Initially my curiosity about Japan started around the same time I discovered Super Mario Bros, and many other video games as a kid. I did not have a real desire to come here though until I had started taking a few elective Japanese classes in college however.

Shizuoka, it has the most sentimental value for me.

spicytuna 11-25-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

1. How old are you?

7. What attracts you?

1. アラフォ :)
2. I'm in Japan right now. :D
3. Total of 4 times.
4. Longest duration was 3 months.
5. Tokyo
6. n/a
7. My Japanese roots, the women.
8. Tokyo. To meet my friends and relatives.

Fujiko 11-26-2010 03:55 AM

1. How old are you? College student? :D

2. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? Once

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 6 weeks

5. Which one is your favourite city? Nagoya??

7. What attracts you? The people, the culture, the restaurants, and the shops!

8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Okinawa since I've never been there and I'd like to take pictures!

konbini 11-26-2010 06:29 AM

1. 21
2. yes
3.twice
4. 36 days
5.Kyoto
7.Mountains, temples shrines,gardens, people, onsen, food and drink, trains, konbini, jihanki.
8.Matsumoto - mountains and my host family

LilyJay 04-05-2012 12:01 AM

1. How old are you?

Nope. Well, not yet:).

--

--

Kyoto, Osaka, or Tokyo. Probably Kyoto. Or maybe Hiroshima.

Yes. I'd like to visit once a year:cool: .

7. What attracts you?
Music and culture.

Hard one! Tokyo seems like a city that doesn't have as much of the japanese feeling to it, so maybe Kyoto. Tokyo would probalby be the best though because as a new Japan visitor, tourists are more common in Tokyo.

LilyJay 04-05-2012 12:02 AM

1. How old are you?

Nope. Well, not yet:).

--

--

Kyoto, Osaka, or Tokyo. Probably Kyoto. Or maybe Hiroshima.

Yes. I'd like to visit once a year:cool: .

7. What attracts you?
Music and culture.

Hard one! Tokyo seems like a city that doesn't have as much of the japanese feeling to it, so maybe Kyoto. Tokyo would probalby be the best though because as a new Japan visitor, tourists are more common in Tokyo.

RobinMask 04-05-2012 07:13 PM

1. How old are you?

- Yes

- Just once :)

- 10 days

- Nagoya, simply because it was were I went and I had a wonderful time, it definitely is a place I'd recommend and one I'd love to explore further in future

- N/A

7. What attracts you?
- The people and the language

- Tokyo. I know it's a little cliché and a tourist-trap, but there's just so much too do and it's the most metropolitan place I can think of, plus the busyness of it is rather appealing

loveinjapanese2014 03-05-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

1. How old are you?

7. What attracts you?

1. How old are you? 18

2. Have you ever been to Japan? YES!

3. If you answer yes to question 2, how many times? Once

4. If you answer yes to question 2, what is the longest duration you've stayed in Japan for? 2 Years

5. Which one is your favourite city? Nagasaki
7. What attracts you? Foods and Culture
8. If you only have one day to visit Japan, which city would you want to visit? And Why? Nagasaki- fun city with friendly people, many beautiful temples and architecture, very clean and lots to see and do!