JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
venn (Offline)
New to JF

Post Looking for a Job Opportunity in Japan - 10-31-2010, 05:14 AM

Hello everyone, i edited this page for some details about me, here it goes!
May i ask? Is there a way to work in japan even if i am a vocational undergraduate of computer technician? i am 23 years old single and to tell the truth i learned just a few of my vocational course because i dropped out in school, i don't have a choice but to dropped out cause i don't have enough money to paid my tuition so now i'm looking for a job opportunity in japan, don't you think someone will hired me? i am willing to work in any kinds of fields, even if it is a house painter, a carpenter, garbage collector, waiter, washer or something like that. But i have some other skills like, i know how to speak a little japanese language i mean just a conversational level because i have read a japanese books guide so i think i can communicate with them in a conversational level and i can also read japanese hiragana, katakana and a little kanji character about 30 to 50 character or kaniji words because i have that books too and i also know a little about internet promotion like blogging promotion etc; and i also know about the basic microsoft word like formatting etc; and now i'm also trying to achieve or study about computer programming language like the c++ and putting it to a compiler. If i will achieve/finish studying c++ computer programming language my next goal would be other computer languages like java, programming in c and other computer languages for the meantime since i don't have a job yet.
So i hope someone will read this and sponsor me or help me find a japanese company to work for because i love japan, so hope someone will reply... tnx a lot...

myblog;

Last edited by venn : 11-02-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: i add some details
(#2 (permalink))
Old
davidJapan01 (Offline)
New to JF

English teaching - 10-31-2010, 06:45 AM

Before I got my degree I went to Japan for one year and became a teacher.
If you look around Japan there are many private English schools that need teachers to teach kids... try at that.. the money is good and you can probably work for about 2 years before the visa stuff becomes an issue..
of go back and get a degree then do the JET program..
(#3 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

10-31-2010, 08:00 AM

You drop out of school because of a lack of funds yet you think you'll be able to afford all of the costs of living in Japan?

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venn View Post
Hello everyone, may i ask? Is there a way to work in japan even if i am a vocational undergraduate of computer technician? i am 23 years old and to tell the truth i learned just a few of my vocational course because i dropped out in school, i don't have a choice but to dropped out cause i don't have enough money to paid my tuition so now i'm looking for a job opportunity in japan, don't you think someone will hired me? i am willing to work in any kinds of fields, even if it is a house painter job or something like that. So i hope someone will read this and help me find a company to work for, so hope someone will reply... tnx a lot...

username:
venn
you can also visit my blog:
Life and Technology That Seem To Be
Honestly, without a degree, or anything specialized you won't be able to come here for work. Nobody is going to go through the cost of sponsoring someones visa when there are plenty of capable Japanese people to paint houses etc.. (Many Japanese houses don't have paint though)
I assume you know zero Japanese, and have never been to this country before either?

If I were you and really wanted an opportunity to come work here, i would take out some student loans, get my degree, and then find an English teaching job to get me here, and then look for other work..... that is if you can speak, read and write Japanese fluently.. otherwise you probably will have to stick to teaching English.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
davidJapan01 (Offline)
New to JF

10-31-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Honestly, without a degree, or anything specialized you won't be able to come here for work. Nobody is going to go through the cost of sponsoring someones visa when there are plenty of capable Japanese people to paint houses etc.. (Many Japanese houses don't have paint though)
I assume you know zero Japanese, and have never been to this country before either?

If I were you and really wanted an opportunity to come work here, i would take out some student loans, get my degree, and then find an English teaching job to get me here, and then look for other work..... that is if you can speak, read and write Japanese fluently.. otherwise you probably will have to stick to teaching English.
Very true. Japan is exclusive.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
inthemix (Offline)
New to JF

11-01-2010, 04:01 PM

I don't speak very good Japanese, not much at all really.

I do have a Master's degree and a lot of technology experience.

Anyone know how possible it is to get a job that you may qualify for, except for the language part?

I would love a new adventure!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemix View Post
I don't speak very good Japanese, not much at all really.

I do have a Master's degree and a lot of technology experience.

Anyone know how possible it is to get a job that you may qualify for, except for the language part?

I would love a new adventure!
I speak Japanese, fluent enough to get me around. I have a master degree in ISM.. and over 16 years of experieince in the software field. I started my job search in Japan since 2006, so far just one or 2 phone calls...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Such lousy english used in the post, and such perfect one in the blog, which btw is a "online buck maker scheme" one? It's obviously a pub post.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-01-2010, 05:25 PM

Working at a Japanese Company