JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yefeng (Offline)
New to JF

Lightbulb Looking for travelers to Japan during January and February - 12-23-2010, 02:41 AM

Hi guys,

My name is Yefeng Liu, I'm a PhD candidate from Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.

For my phd research I am developing a mobile social search system for foreigner travelers who do not have Japanese as their first language. I am looking for people who want to test this system. The system works like this: When you are traveling in Japan you are bound to find lots of stuff that you do not understand, for some you might really want or need to know what it means. This could range from signs to strange Japanese customs. This service will answer all your questions, just take a picture and upload it via our free iPhone app. A local expert from an volunteers' community will support you and answer your question.

If you are in Japan in January or February, I would like to invite you to participate in my user. I will send you the beta version iPhone application for free and when you are in Japan you can send pictures whenever you want. At the end of your stay in Japan we will send you an e-mail with a few questions, which will only take about 10 minutes to fill out. Participation in this test will only take about 30 minutes of your time (installing the software and answering the questions) and you benefit from the knowledge of the local expert that answer your questions.

If you're interested in participating, please drop me an email and I will get back to you with detailed information.

My contact: yefeng@dcl.info.waseda.ac.jp

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,
Yefeng
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-23-2010, 03:02 AM

How is this different than Word Lens?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
yefeng (Offline)
New to JF

01-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How is this different than Word Lens?
word lens is about translation and this is about mobile social search. And word lends only works for typed words of latin-based languages on a simple background. But I will agree it looks cooler with AR technology.