JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Any under-18 clubs in Tokyo or Osaka? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/35560-any-under-18-clubs-tokyo-osaka.html)

jingojango 01-08-2011 11:27 PM

Any under-18 clubs in Tokyo or Osaka?

Hi,
I'm coming to Japan in this year's summer. My question is - are there any clubs for people aged under 18? And just by the way, do you know if the guests in Japanese hostels tend to party a lot?
Thanks, JingoJango

Versa 01-13-2011 03:38 PM

hey jingojango, I was also thinking about going to the club but it looks like most japanese clubs are 20+, cuz in Japan you should be 20+ to be considered as an adult.
As for Japanese hostels, I'm not sure if they party a lot cuz i haven't gone there yet :p
it looks like it from the picture.

princessmarisa 01-13-2011 03:52 PM

Drinking age is 20+ and flaunting it may be a good way to get yourself banned from re-entering Japan in a long time.

I have not heard of any non-drinking clubs, and I doubt they would want to ID every person at the bar if they let those below the drinking age in.

Sorry

From what I have heard if you stay in an international hostel there will be the chance of everyone partying together but in an actual hotel probably much less likely.

diru1 01-13-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmarisa (Post 846342)
Drinking age is 20+ and flaunting it may be a good way to get yourself banned from re-entering Japan in a long time.

Do explain? flaunting what?

tazzy 01-13-2011 04:50 PM

where did my reply vanish to? :s

jingojango 01-13-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diru1 (Post 846352)
Do explain? flaunting what?

I think what was meant is "not abiding by the laws", so breaking the laws.

When are you going to Japan? How old are you?

shu 01-13-2011 09:35 PM

cant you just say you left id at the hotel?And i bet they might think 15yr olds etc. look like their 18 to them.

MMM 01-13-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shu (Post 846383)
cant you just say you left id at the hotel?And i bet they might think 15yr olds etc. look like their 18 to them.

The line is 20, not 18, and if they are asking for ID, they aren't going to let you in without it.

RickOShay 01-13-2011 09:41 PM

They might not ask for ID though. It is really only the bigger clubs that card in my experience. You could probably get into a bar with live music etc.. assuming you at least look like an adult. There will probably be at least a 2500 yen cover charge though. Also I have never been carded buying booze at a convenience store or supermarket. I suppose if the police catch you though you will be in big trouble. But for all the signs they put up saying "we ID" nowadays nobody seems to be following through with it.

princessmarisa 01-13-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shu (Post 846383)

Even if they're 18, the line is 20, and if they get caught trying to lie whilst on a tourist visa, this isn't a good situation.

Japanese bouncers and such will know that they can't tell non-Japanese peoples' ages very well so they will ID every single gaikokujin just be sure.