Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebrown View Post
wow those are cupcakes?
how much?
It is possible to buy it in the shop that Hayao Miyazaki younger brother is carrying on.
390yen~430yen
(Custard cream+Whipped cream, Strawberry cream, Peach cream, Chocolate cream, Chestnut cream) Cream puff

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-30-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor22 View Post
This is the link my daughter gave me about the Ghibli place in Odaiba. At Venus Fort mall Flickr: aranmanoth's Photostream (just scroll to the bottom) It is an old link though so I'm wondering if maybe that store isn't there anymore...?

Either wall, Odaiba seems like a fun place to visit and I think we'll go check it out anyway.
With or without Ghibli store, Daiba is still a great place for tourist... if you are into shopping that is... the view is also great if you want some really amazing pictures.... there is a Muscle Park (I think its part of joypolis) that you can spend some time at... its fun.... the toyota "museum" (just a giant show room) is also good... I can easily spend half a day to 2 days at daiba....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Taylor22 (Offline)
New to JF

01-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Haha my daughter and I love shopping so we'll go. My husband won't be the happiest, but he'll get over it.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-31-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Thank you godwine! We were actually thinking of staying at Tokyo Prince. I also wasn't sure if it would be too rushed to do both in one day but if you say it's not that's definitely helpful and is what we will plan to do.

I figured the gift shop at the Ghibli museum would be expensive. Would it be cheaper to wait until we reach Odaiba to pick up some Ghibli souvenirs?

Thank so much for the help!
Ghibli Items are expensive whichever shops you go. I think all prices are the same as far as my research is concern. I have been to other Ghibli shops in Ikebukuro, Character Street in Tokyo Station and even USJ Osaka and prices are the same with the ones in the Museum. The difference is that the one museum is tooo crowded but there are some items where u can only find there.

And Venus fort in Odaiba, as the name suggestion caters basically to all women but there are some shops for men too .

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------

Last edited by samokan : 01-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-31-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Haha my daughter and I love shopping so we'll go. My husband won't be the happiest, but he'll get over it.
Hmmm I am a guy, and I am not really into shopping either, ut I had a blast at daiba so I think it should be ok