Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-15-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel View Post
wow .. good information.

additional info:: ( just in case )
Cards, can be charge with amounts from 1000yen - 10,000 yen in any machine in the station. Take note though, some old ticket machine does not have the card-charging functionality.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------

Last edited by samokan : 02-15-2011 at 11:41 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-15-2011, 05:22 AM

I suggest the Bus as well. That is only IF you are not completely exhausted from your flight. I know flying from the states is already about 13 hours (for the flight alone - don't count getting to the airport and check-ins and all that), and the last thing I want to do when I get to Tokyo is tack on MORE travel time. But, it is indeed a bit easier, more relaxing, and you actually get to see some of Tokyo on your way in/out (albeit, a bunch of it is highway and such).
(#13 (permalink))
Old
lanceoak (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I want to make sure you are not confusing N'ex with the bullet train, or Shinkansen.
I may be confused. I got the impression the Nex train was a high speed train and I guess I relate this to the bullet train.

Maybe this train is more like our GO commuter train then. We like the thought of taking the train anyways and also getting the Suica pass with our fare. Our trip is short so minimal luggage.

For Samokan, we haven't finalized where we are staying but looking in the area just north of the Imperial Palace and Gardens _ \Chiodya (?).

\and thanks to \steel for the info on the cards....
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Nex is not a high speed train, though it is quite nice. It is an express train than makes few stops, so in that respect it is faster than a commuter train, but it is not the bullet train, unfortunately. If money is no object, and it goes where you need it to go, then by all means use it. I would just say keep in mind that the limo buses might be cheaper and more convenient.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
lanceoak (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Nex is not a high speed train, though it is quite nice. It is an express train than makes few stops, so in that respect it is faster than a commuter train, but it is not the bullet train, unfortunately. If money is no object, and it goes where you need it to go, then by all means use it. I would just say keep in mind that the limo buses might be cheaper and more convenient.
Much appreciated... I guess once we decide where we will be staying, we'll have to look at the transportation options again - as you say, one of the options will probably be the most convenient... Nice thing about a bus.. you probably get to see more of the area you are going through... again, thanks for the pointers..
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-15-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceoak View Post
Much appreciated... I guess once we decide where we will be staying, we'll have to look at the transportation options again - as you say, one of the options will probably be the most convenient... Nice thing about a bus.. you probably get to see more of the area you are going through... again, thanks for the pointers..
The limo buses are like those tour buses, are quite nice and spacious. The drive from Narita to Tokyo is not the most gorgeous, but yes, you can see more than from the N'ex.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-15-2011, 06:42 PM

i cant be bothered to read all posts, but if no one mentioned it, get the keisei bus or airport limousine. way cheaper and much more comfy. Unless you are going to some wicked place in Okinawan jungle.

edit: oh blast lol, just saw M&M's post above.