JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LuxMimi (Offline)
New to JF

KIX to Oriental Hotel Hiroshima with baby late at night. - 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM

My husband, myself and my 10 month baby will arrive at Kansai airport at 9pm on a Thursday night. What is the best way to get to the Oriental Hotel Hiroshima?

Hotel address:
6-10, Tanaka -machi, Naka-ku
Hiroshima, Japan 730-0026

1. Will trains and buses run after 10 PM?

2. I hear there is a limousine bus that goes to Hiroshima Bus Terminal. How much does this cost?

3. Once I get to Hiroshima Bus terminal, how far is it to the Oriental Hotel Hiroshima? Can we walk or will we have to catch some other transportation?

4. If I take a train, it stops at JR Hiroshima station. The hotel website says it is 5 minutes away by taxi. I don't have a car seat for my baby, won't that be a problem?

5. By the time I get to Hiroshima, it may be almost midnight. Will I have a problem getting transportation?

Thanks in advance for your help!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Trains should run until about 12:30. As long as planes are landing, buses are running.

2. I hear there is a limousine bus that goes to Hiroshima Bus Terminal. How much does this cost?

I am not familiar with that. I am not seeing it on the KIX site.

Kansai International Airport | Access Information | Bus

4. If I take a train, it stops at JR Hiroshima station. The hotel website says it is 5 minutes away by taxi. I don't have a car seat for my baby, won't that be a problem?

Legally? No. Just hold your baby for the ride.

5. By the time I get to Hiroshima, it may be almost midnight. Will I have a problem getting transportation?

No, taxis run all night and will be readily available from places like train stations and bus depots. I am guessing the Hiroshima bus terminal is very close to if not connected to the train station.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2011, 05:54 PM

One night stay is recommended in Osaka.

Only possible means
Kansai airport - Osaka (train or bus)
There are a lot of alternatives.
*Transfer*
Osaka - Hirosima (midnight bus onry)
23:40 - 6:05(arrival) However, the charge is low-priced.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#4 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-17-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxMimi View Post
My husband, myself and my 10 month baby will arrive at Kansai airport at 9pm on a Thursday night. What is the best way to get to the Oriental Hotel Hiroshima?

Hotel address:
6-10, Tanaka -machi, Naka-ku
Hiroshima, Japan 730-0026

3. Once I get to Hiroshima Bus terminal, how far is it to the Oriental Hotel Hiroshima? Can we walk or will we have to catch some other transportation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The fastest for you is to get on the express train and transfer in SHIN-OSAKA station and get on the SHINKANSEN to hiroshima.

the last shinkansen for hiroshima is at 10:29 PM and u will get to hiroshima around midnight.

BUT you need to move fast and know your way around the train station in Osaka , there are only few minutes between transfer and with a baby and luggages with you it would be difficult. And u need to get to the 9:04 train from the airport to make it. With immigration check and claiming the baggages i think you will be out from the airport maybe around 10pm depending on how many passengers there are.

SO my suggestion is just get to SHIN-OSAKA station and stay at a nearby hotel there and get on the first shinkansen in the morning.

I am suggesting SHINKANSEN , because you have a baby. Bus to Hiroshima from Osaka takes about 5 hours and not much room to move around. I don't think you want a grumpy baby on bus.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LuxMimi (Offline)
New to JF

Thanks!! - 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM

Thanks everyone for the great advice!

I decided to change my hotel reservation to stay in Kansai Airport Washington Hotel for the first night. Then I will take the train to Shin-Osaka then Hiroshima the following day. I think when I booked the flight, I didn't realize how long it really takes to get to Hiroshima.

I'm so excited about seeing Japan. I can't wait!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-18-2011, 01:08 AM

by the way, booking your ticket in advance entitled you to a discount..

and try to check this out

JR-WEST : Travel Information > Japan Rail Pass & JR-WEST RAIL PASS

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------