JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ahvat215 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to ahvat215
One Week Trip - 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm planning to take a one week trip to Japan. First, let me introduce myself a little more. My name is Vat (vaht or what), and I am of Chinese/Cambodian descent. I been studying Japanese for about a year. I attend a Japanese School to study Japanese every Saturday, and practice Japanese at a meet up every Sunday. My main goal is to be able to understand a complicated conversation about Economics, Politics, or Current Discussions.

[I'll try my best to translate]
私は一週間日本に旅行をきめました。先ずは 自分を紹 介させていただきます。始めまして
、私はワット申しますが、私の国籍は半分中国人と半分 カンボジア人です。私は昨年ぐらい日本語の勉強を始め ました、そして 毎週の土曜日に日本語の学校によく参 加したので、毎週の日曜日に勉強会に日本語を練習して いました。まあ、私の目的は経済的と政治的と現在話題 の話に理解出来るために、私を勉強続けていくつもりで すから。

First I want to book my ticket, and bring about $2,500 on my trip and was wondering if that's enough.
Well I've seen videos of Festivals in Japan, and really interested in going to one. And Kyoto seems to be a great Japanese History location. I also want to try some good restaurants while I'm in Japan.
まなぁ、私は日本の歴史に興味がありますだからそんな ことを知っています。
I need some tips of what I need during my trip. Here's the list of what I have already know. Also I have a friend who often participated in the meetup, but he suddenly had to move back to Japan. I might visit him if I go to Japan, he lives in Ibaragi Prefecture. Is this a big community?

-Know Japanese 必要なんですねぇ..。(^v^)
-Suica Card (for traveling purposes)
-Passport, Identification etc
-Clothes for the trip
-Phone

Places I would like to go.
-渋谷
-大阪
-関西地方
-東京
-京都

Any other Ideas or what I should do before I go?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahvat215 View Post
I'm planning to take a one week trip to Japan. First, let me introduce myself a little more. My name is Vat (vaht or what), and I am of Chinese/Cambodian descent. I been studying Japanese for about a year. I attend a Japanese School to study Japanese every Saturday, and practice Japanese at a meet up every Sunday. My main goal is to be able to understand a complicated conversation about Economics, Politics, or Current Discussions.

[I'll try my best to translate]
私は一週間日本に旅行をきめました。先ずは 自分を紹 介させていただきます。始めまして
、私はワット申しますが、私の国籍は半分中国人と半分 カンボジア人です。私は昨年ぐらい日本語の勉強を始め ました、そして 毎週の土曜日に日本語の学校によく参 加したので、毎週の日曜日に勉強会に日本語を練習して いました。まあ、私の目的は経済的と政治的と現在話題 の話に理解出来るために、私を勉強続けていくつもりで すから。

First I want to book my ticket, and bring about $2,500 on my trip and was wondering if that's enough.
Well I've seen videos of Festivals in Japan, and really interested in going to one. And Kyoto seems to be a great Japanese History location. I also want to try some good restaurants while I'm in Japan.
まなぁ、私は日本の歴史に興味がありますだからそんな ことを知っています。
I need some tips of what I need during my trip. Here's the list of what I have already know. Also I have a friend who often participated in the meetup, but he suddenly had to move back to Japan. I might visit him if I go to Japan, he lives in Ibaragi Prefecture. Is this a big community?

-Know Japanese 必要なんですねぇ..。(^v^)
-Suica Card (for traveling purposes)
-Passport, Identification etc
-Clothes for the trip
-Phone

Places I would like to go.
-渋谷
-大阪
-関西地方
-東京
-京都

Any other Ideas or what I should do before I go?
$2500 is enough for a week, only if you don't stay at luxurious hotels and go to restaurants with 3stars in Michelin guide.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-02-2011, 07:20 PM

but one week is not sufficient if you're planning to go to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sakusakusakura (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Sakusakusakura
03-03-2011, 12:39 AM

Two years ago, before living in Japan, I went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and even Nara and Kamakura in one week !

So I don't think that's impossible

You just have to wake up early and not spend your time doing shopping !
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-03-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakusakusakura View Post
Two years ago, before living in Japan, I went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and even Nara and Kamakura in one week !

So I don't think that's impossible

You just have to wake up early and not spend your time doing shopping !
depending on what you consider "visit" and what you did... waking up early is possible, not shopping when you are in japan? Thats kinda hard to do..

but then i suppose if you just walk around, then all that it really take is about 5 days for the 5 different "district"...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
swhibs123 (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
depending on what you consider "visit" and what you did... waking up early is possible, not shopping when you are in japan? Thats kinda hard to do..

but then i suppose if you just walk around, then all that it really take is about 5 days for the 5 different "district"...
I think it's possible, but you'd be better off picking one or two of those places and hitting them. Probably Osaka and Kyoto since they're so near each other.

Oh, and 2500 dollars is LOTS! you can do it on less than half that. I did 3 weeks in Japan on half that and I didn't feel like I was slumming it too much at all!

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!!! (STEVE W.)

http://www.writetheend.ca/en/gallery/A/12635/
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-03-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhibs123 View Post
I think it's possible, but you'd be better off picking one or two of those places and hitting them. Probably Osaka and Kyoto since they're so near each other.

Oh, and 2500 dollars is LOTS! you can do it on less than half that. I did 3 weeks in Japan on half that and I didn't feel like I was slumming it too much at all!
Thats remarkable, does that include hotel, transportation and food? I blew away 10K on a 3 week stay with my wife, so thats averaging 5K per person... even if i don't count the shopping we did, it will still be more than 2000, and that doesn't include transportation.....
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ahvat215 (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2011, 06:07 PM

2500 including booking tickets. I'd loved to go to Osaka and Kyoto. 日本の歴史に興味がありますだから。

I'm not a shopping guy, but I do like food. I like Spicy/sour food.

I'm probably going to Japan again this year because a friend of mine is going back to Japan. Most of my Japanese Study Partners live around the Tokyo region.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahvat215 View Post
2500 including booking tickets. I'd loved to go to Osaka and Kyoto. 日本の歴史に興味がありますだから。

I'm not a shopping guy, but I do like food. I like Spicy/sour food.

I'm probably going to Japan again this year because a friend of mine is going back to Japan. Most of my Japanese Study Partners live around the Tokyo region.
You mean plane tickets? How much is plane tickets? You have to take transportation into consideration.. but i think 2500 should be just right
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ahvat215 (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
You mean plane tickets? How much is plane tickets? You have to take transportation into consideration.. but i think 2500 should be just right
$600-800 is the cheapest I found on Tripadvisor, and I have to look for a place to stay during my trip. Basically, I'm thinking about using 2500 as spending money (for traveling around Japan, and stuff).