LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-06-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
exacty mate,I feel I have no purpose. The most I have to offer the world is crappy music.
So how do you think they are going to let you into Japan?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
05-06-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
So how do you think they are going to let you into Japan?
I havent thought that far ahead.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-06-2011, 06:31 AM

Long long ago, I looked into travelling to Japan by sea. Not because flying was too expensive, but because I kind of liked the idea of a leisurely journey by sea. Much more fun than a cramped airplane (in my opinion).

The cost was prohibitively expensive. It was something like $5000+ per person compared to less than $1000 to fly.

As much as I would have enjoyed a leisurely trip by sea, I couldn`t justify the price. You could fly first class for that.

The cheapest way to get to Japan from the US would probably be to take a bus to the west coast then take a discount flight from there. (If Greyhound still offers the deal to travel as far as you want for a flat fee.)

But, regardless, even if you somehow get to Japan for *free* - you can`t work and you can`t stay longer than 3 months.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Long long ago, I looked into travelling to Japan by sea. Not because flying was too expensive, but because I kind of liked the idea of a leisurely journey by sea. Much more fun than a cramped airplane (in my opinion).

The cost was prohibitively expensive. It was something like $5000+ per person compared to less than $1000 to fly.

As much as I would have enjoyed a leisurely trip by sea, I couldn`t justify the price. You could fly first class for that.

The cheapest way to get to Japan from the US would probably be to take a bus to the west coast then take a discount flight from there. (If Greyhound still offers the deal to travel as far as you want for a flat fee.)

But, regardless, even if you somehow get to Japan for *free* - you can`t work and you can`t stay longer than 3 months.
Agreed, and i think we covered this a dozen times already, though half these kid just want to go and stay there.. they didn't say anything about doing it legally......
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Why would you sail past Europe and Russia to get to Japan when you could sail up the western coast of North America, cross the Bering Straight and sail south to Japan?

Either way, don't let the naysayers discourage you. Go buy the largest inflatable raft at Walmart and start paddling right away!

If, after years of paddling, you get to Japan and get turned away for an improper visa, just paddle back and continue with your life.

At the very least, it'll make for some creative lyrics for your next album.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-06-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Why would you sail past Europe and Russia to get to Japan when you could sail up the western coast of North America, cross the Bering Straight and sail south to Japan?

Either way, don't let the naysayers discourage you. Go buy the largest inflatable raft at Walmart and start paddling right away!

If, after years of paddling, you get to Japan and get turned away for an improper visa, just paddle back and continue with your life.

At the very least, it'll make for some creative lyrics for your next album.
And arms bigger than Arnold with all the paddling....
(#17 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
exacty mate,I feel I have no purpose. The most I have to offer the world is crappy music.
What,do all the worst bands come from Michigan or something?!