JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
Route to japan - 05-03-2011, 11:05 PM

is it possible to go to japan by starting at the bottom of canada then traveling to the top then taking a boat to greenland,then boat to iceland then norway,then travel to sweaden then to finland then russia travel all the way the way around then to japan? how long do you think it would take to get there?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Maybe in an icebreaker, yes, one could possibly do it. But why on earth would you want to?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2011, 09:46 AM

I think it'd take...weeks or months?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-04-2011, 10:16 AM

if you're so scared of flying then you can take a boat across the pacific

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-04-2011, 01:04 PM

How big of a boat are we talking about? If a large boat is an option, you can just travel across from Vancouver. Or cut across from Alaska > Russia if you really want to cut down from Hokkaido

The proposed route is of course possible, theoretically anyways, but not realistic....
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

05-04-2011, 02:17 PM

The best route to Japan starts at getting a job, then working hard, then saving money, then getting an airline ticket, and then flying over the sea like everyone else. And doing it this way might even take less time. I hiked across America some years ago, from the east coast to the west coast. It was a great experience, but then I had plenty of time to waste.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
The best route to Japan starts at getting a job, then working hard, then saving money, then getting an airline ticket, and then flying over the sea like everyone else. And doing it this way might even take less time. I hiked across America some years ago, from the east coast to the west coast. It was a great experience, but then I had plenty of time to waste.
Funny I looked up his profile after I reply, then it occur to me that he sounded like a run away who want to find ways to get to Japan for free or for cheap, with no purpose or no prospect of work or anything else....
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

05-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Funny I looked up his profile after I reply, then it occur to me that he sounded like a run away who want to find ways to get to Japan for free or for cheap, with no purpose or no prospect of work or anything else....
Sounds like they should form a group.... There seems to be quite a few of those here....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Sounds like they should form a group.... There seems to be quite a few of those here....
Increasing numbers lately..... something with the new generation, its almost like living with no purpose IS their purpose... and they dream of big things without any means of getting there.. or finding ways like this as an "easy" way out
(#10 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
05-06-2011, 01:59 AM

exacty mate,I feel I have no purpose. The most I have to offer the world is crappy music.