LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
It appears a typhoon is headed towards Japan or it will skirt its south/east coast.

I hope you have good wather for your trip, though. The weather gods were good to me on both Japan visits and only cried one day each trip.
Yeah I saw that and was like 'nooooo!' but heres to hoping we'll avoid it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2011, 07:32 PM

It can rain all day and night I won't care I'll be in Japan ^_^

As for Osaka I just found out about sega joyoplois Umeda in hep5 woo.

Trust me hunny in den den town you will get more anime goods than your eyes can take in

We should also try crab at one of the restaurants on dotombori with giant plastic moving crabs above them!

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-26-2011, 07:40 PM

Yeah I'm not particularly bothered about it chucking it down either, just thought I'd check, would be nice to avoid Super Typhoon's

But yeah I'll try crab, not sure I'll like it but I want to try everything at least once!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
It can rain all day and night I won't care I'll be in Japan ^_^

As for Osaka I just found out about sega joyoplois Umeda in hep5 woo.

Trust me hunny in den den town you will get more anime goods than your eyes can take in

We should also try crab at one of the restaurants on dotombori with giant plastic moving crabs above them!
They have a Sega Joypolis in Odaiba, Tokyo as well.... And I share your "I'll be in Japan" feeling! I took about 5 minutes of each day looking a something very Japanese (i.e. Tokyo Tower, Ryoan-ji, Tokugawa Ieyasu' mausoleum in Nikko) and just sat there and convinced myself it was not a dream; I was really there! It was invigorating. Sometimes one is too busy visiting things, shopping, etc to realize where you are. It's hard to explain. I hope you understand.

Last edited by JohnBraden : 05-26-2011 at 08:03 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
They have a Sega Joypolis in Odaiba, Tokyo as well.... And I share your "I'll be in Japan" feeling! I took about 5 minutes of each day looking a something very Japanese (i.e. Tokyo Tower, Ryoan-ji, Tokugawa Ieyasu' mausoleum in Nikko) and just sat there and convinced myself it was not a dream; I was really there! It was invigorating. Sometimes one is too busy visiting things, shopping, etc to realize where you are. It's hard to explain. I hope you understand.
Been to the odaba one twice, looks like this time we will be able to celebreate sonics 20th birthday festivities!

ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ20周年記念展

I understand I remember sitting in a park in hiroshima a shrine to my left a garden infront and juts outside the park the hum of skyscrapers as it turned to dusk and the neon came on, knowing there was a game shop and arcade just 5min walk away. I never wanted that moment to end.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Been to the odaba one twice, looks like this time we will be able to celebreate sonics 20th birthday festivities!

ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ20周年記念展

I understand I remember sitting in a park in hiroshima a shrine to my left a garden infront and juts outside the park the hum of skyscrapers as it turned to dusk and the neon came on, knowing there was a game shop and arcade just 5min walk away. I never wanted that moment to end.
Nyyaaaa I can't express how excited I am now JF, seriously! It just hit me all of a sudden. It's gonna be amazing <3 Plus I love Marisa so of course I'm really glad I'm going with her cos it's gonna be moarrr awesome for that
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-27-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Been to the odaba one twice
I'm heading for the Odaiba Joypolis in July too... but in the hunt of a particular arcade attraction, but I have no idea if it's in Joypolis, or even still in Odaiba any more...

Seems as you've been twice, maybe you'd know?

It's called 'Zero 4D.' It's an attraction based on the Fatal Frame 2 / Project Zero 2 game. I think it's basically like a 3D mini-movie kinda thing... I've been on the hunt for this attraction since I found out about it, but had no luck last year.

I asked a staff worker at the arcade under the wheel if he'd heard of it in Japanese... and because I asked it in Japanese, he assumed I was fluent and went into a drawn out conversation in which I understood nothing... so yeah, my hunt goes on!
And I was just wondering if maybe you'd know if this illusive attraction is in Joypolis or not?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-27-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I'm heading for the Odaiba Joypolis in July too... but in the hunt of a particular arcade attraction, but I have no idea if it's in Joypolis, or even still in Odaiba any more...

It's called 'Zero 4D.' It's an attraction based on the Fatal Frame 2 / Project Zero 2 game. I think it's basically like a 3D mini-movie kinda thing... I've been on the hunt for this attraction since I found out about it, but had no luck last year.

I asked a staff worker at the arcade under the wheel if he'd heard of it in Japanese... and because I asked it in Japanese, he assumed I was fluent and went into a drawn out conversation in which I understood nothing... so yeah, my hunt goes on!
And I was just wondering if maybe you'd know if this illusive attraction is in Joypolis or not?
According to the pamphlet I brought back from my visit to Joypolis in October, there doesn't seem to be a ride or attraction with that name. On the 3rd floor there is: Aquarena, 3D Movie Attraction, Sky Cruising, Initial D, Halfpipe Canyon. On Floor 4 there is: The Quiz Show, Let's Go Jungle SP, The House of the Dead 4 SP, Hummer, Burnout Running and Storm G. On Floor 5 there is Fortune Forest, Pink Panther, Lola and Carla and the Beauty Contest, Prison Break, The Room of Living Dolls, Dark Chapel, Wild Wing, Wild Jungle Brothers and Wild River.

I don't know if they change the rides/attractions every so often or not. I just don't know much about that place. It was so loud and packed with younger people, I didn't bother going in.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-27-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post

It is a wonder what google can find:
零4D - 零Wiki

(#20 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
Nippon-bashi - 05-28-2011, 01:16 AM

Did you check NIPPON-BASHI street near NAMBA or DOTON-BORI in Osaka?

It had been an electronic town like as AKIHABARA and now it is a street for gamers and figure lovers like as AKIHABARA...

It is about 1 km in length from NIPPON-BASHI station to EBISU-BASHI station of Osaka Subway (SAKAI-SUJI-line).

If you check NIPPON-BASHI street on google Street View, you will find lonely deserted street. Don't be teased. Those photos must have been shot early in the morning.

日本橋 is read as NIHON-BASHI meaning 東京都中央区日本橋 and NIPPON-BASHI meaning 大阪市浪速区日本橋.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.