LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioKid View Post
Did you check NIPPON-BASHI street near NAMBA or DOTON-BORI in Osaka?

It had been an electronic town like as AKIHABARA and now it is a street for gamers and figure lovers like as AKIHABARA...

It is about 1 km in length from NIPPON-BASHI station to EBISU-BASHI station of Osaka Subway (SAKAI-SUJI-line).

If you check NIPPON-BASHI street on google Street View, you will find lonely deserted street. Don't be teased. Those photos must have been shot early in the morning.

日本橋 is read as NIHON-BASHI meaning 東京都中央区日本橋 and NIPPON-BASHI meaning 大阪市浪速区日本橋.
Yea we are going to den-den-taun/nippon bashi. Will be getting the train to ebisucho and walking up the street inlcluding gundams ^.^

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Find and photograph this bus stop

I have 2 photos from complete strangers of the same bus stop.

Hint: it's in Shinjuku.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
05-28-2011, 09:22 PM

In Osaka i really liked Sinsekai.
It might be boring for some people but it certainly is a totally different side of Japan.
Start walking from the closed down shopping center / Amusement Park (Festival Land) towards Sinsekai (maybe someone can give a more exact route) and you can see old places filled with old people playing go, old arcades with cheap games,... Than you come to the sign of the "new world" wich is now just a run down amusement part of town. Check out old style pachinko where you actually get to shoot every single ball (a big one) by hand, win some chocolate, get some cheap lunch and leave this strange place again.

My blog with a few pic to that area.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
In Osaka i really liked Sinsekai.
It might be boring for some people but it certainly is a totally different side of Japan.
Start walking from the closed down shopping center / Amusement Park (Festival Land) towards Sinsekai (maybe someone can give a more exact route) and you can see old places filled with old people playing go, old arcades with cheap games,... Than you come to the sign of the "new world" wich is now just a run down amusement part of town. Check out old style pachinko where you actually get to shoot every single ball (a big one) by hand, win some chocolate, get some cheap lunch and leave this strange place again.

My blog with a few pic to that area.
Sounds great I am going to try and find a map to print now.

I'll just store these here for now
http://www.shinsekai.ne.jp/en/shinsekai_map01.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
Find and photograph this bus stop

I have 2 photos from complete strangers of the same bus stop.

Hint: it's in Shinjuku.

challenge accepted :3

Last edited by princessmarisa : 05-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
According to the pamphlet I brought back from my visit to Joypolis in October, there doesn't seem to be a ride or attraction with that name. On the 3rd floor there is: Aquarena, 3D Movie Attraction, Sky Cruising, Initial D, Halfpipe Canyon. On Floor 4 there is: The Quiz Show, Let's Go Jungle SP, The House of the Dead 4 SP, Hummer, Burnout Running and Storm G. On Floor 5 there is Fortune Forest, Pink Panther, Lola and Carla and the Beauty Contest, Prison Break, The Room of Living Dolls, Dark Chapel, Wild Wing, Wild Jungle Brothers and Wild River.

I don't know if they change the rides/attractions every so often or not. I just don't know much about that place. It was so loud and packed with younger people, I didn't bother going in.
Ahh, I see, thanks for that!
Too bad about it not being listed... but even so, I'll still visit Joypolis for stuff. Some of it sounds okay, apart from the kiddie stuff of course :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
It is a wonder what google can find:
零4D - 零Wiki
Ahh yes, the Zero Wiki. I've seen that page before. Unless it's been changed / updated recently, then I question the 'Active' status they gave the Tokyo Zero 4D. I don't think anyone has verified or changed that page in quite a long time, and it's sorta been forgotten about.

They said it was in the arcade underneath the wheel, but I scoured that arcade corner to corner, floor to floor. I left no inch of floor unchecked, but still nothing. Even the failsafe of asking staff turned up nothing, so I feel quite pessimistic about it still actually being there.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-29-2011, 05:03 PM

^ That kinda sucks as I'm a huge fan of Project Zero so would obviously have loved to have seen that myself too!

And woohoo, bus stop challenge!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
Ahh, I see, thanks for that!
Too bad about it not being listed... but even so, I'll still visit Joypolis for stuff. Some of it sounds okay, apart from the kiddie stuff of course :L

Ahh yes, the Zero Wiki. I've seen that page before. Unless it's been changed / updated recently, then I question the 'Active' status they gave the Tokyo Zero 4D. I don't think anyone has verified or changed that page in quite a long time, and it's sorta been forgotten about.

They said it was in the arcade underneath the wheel, but I scoured that arcade corner to corner, floor to floor. I left no inch of floor unchecked, but still nothing. Even the failsafe of asking staff turned up nothing, so I feel quite pessimistic about it still actually being there.
I meant more it shows that it used to be at Joyopolis in Umeda (not Tokyo) then it left, pity it isn't updated, guess if we see one we will let ya know, well sally will I wouldn't know what I was looking for.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 05:32 PM

Woah! That is one hell of a bus stop! Do the buses fly? Why's it extraordinary?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
^ That kinda sucks as I'm a huge fan of Project Zero so would obviously have loved to have seen that myself too!

And woohoo, bus stop challenge!
Yeah, it's a pity because it looked really great. The graphics on it looked fantastic, as expected from a 3D show. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
I meant more it shows that it used to be at Joyopolis in Umeda (not Tokyo) then it left, pity it isn't updated, guess if we see one we will let ya know, well sally will I wouldn't know what I was looking for.
Yeah, everywhere else in Japan got rid of it, and Tokyo was the final hope! :L

Thanks a bunch, much appreciated!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-31-2011, 10:19 PM

@tokusatsufan: I believe it's where you can catch one of these ...

But I never went there at night time and it didn't really rain at all