JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-21-2011, 11:16 AM

I can`t really comment on whether it is strange - they also may be worried about just giving out personal information... But it is worrying you. If it is causing that much worry, why risk it? Try to find another option that doesn`t cause so much concern.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
06-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I can`t really comment on whether it is strange - they also may be worried about just giving out personal information... But it is worrying you. If it is causing that much worry, why risk it? Try to find another option that doesn`t cause so much concern.
It's just I've been talking to them for ages now and it would be extremely awkward to cancel, but you're right. I'm just in a kinda awkward position. What would you do? Thanks again.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

06-21-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
It's just I've been talking to them for ages now and it would be extremely awkward to cancel, but you're right. I'm just in a kinda awkward position. What would you do? Thanks again.
If something threw up flags and made me uncomfortable, I would stop. Chances are it is nothing, but... If it turns out that they`re waiting for you to arrive to kill you... Would it comfort your family to know you went ahead even after you felt uncomfortable because it would have been awkward to cancel?

Again though, I would be perfectly straight with them. Tell them that without more detailed information you or your family does not feel comfortable with you staying there. If they are offering a homestay, they should expect this and not be offended in the least. There would be nothing awkward about cancelling it if they refuse to provide more information, and if they do then your concerns may be laid to rest.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
06-21-2011, 03:48 PM

Thanks again for everyone's help. I decided to cancel with this guy and go with someone else even though they can only have me for a month. They're kindly arranging a hostel for me the rest of the time.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

06-21-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
Thanks again for everyone's help. I decided to cancel with this guy and go with someone else even though they can only have me for a month. They're kindly arranging a hostel for me the rest of the time.
That sounds like it`s probably for the best, at the very least for your peace of mind.