LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-01-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowgirl View Post
They have to go through some process I am pretty sure they don't do in the airport.
Why are you pretty sure of this? If they don't do it at the airport, then where do they do it:?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2011, 01:05 AM

was I dont know. But I found this:Visit Japan with Criminal Record (Again?)

I feel Pretty comfortable now about it. I just gotta go. What else can I do?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
was I dont know. But I found this:Visit Japan with Criminal Record (Again?)

I feel Pretty comfortable now about it. I just gotta go. What else can I do?
According to that, you simply LIE when they ask you if you have a criminal record.

It'll probably go unnoticed and if the morals don't bother you, perhaps you should do just that.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
JBaymore (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Yes this form question is a HUGE point of consternation for me. I don't know if he should check yes or check no. I don't want to give us away by checking yes, and going through unnecessary questioning and harassment. Or just checking no and hope not have any sort of background check.

I am leaning towards checking no. Because it just seems so crazy that they would check millions of American records to find one criminal offense from over 5 years ago.

IF that does happen the then can just say he forgot about it since it was so long ago and not a big deal.. cause it really wasn't

I dunnoo I just don't know...
You are therefore basically gambling on the lieklyhood of being caught if you lie about it. Playing the odds. They may be good odds.... but they are not foolproof. Is he willing to do some serious time if it goes the wrong way? My guess is that IF they catch him in the overt lie in an attempt to enter the country illegally (read the bottom of the form he'll sign) that he will likely have a lot more than a single item on his criminal record after that. I don't think "Oops I forgot" will go very far.

The odds might certainly be small......... but there is no guarantee.

Your business, your decision.

best,

...............john
(#25 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
You are therefore basically gambling on the lieklyhood of being caught if you lie about it. Playing the odds. They may be good odds.... but they are not foolproof. Is he willing to do some serious time if it goes the wrong way? My guess is that IF they catch him in the overt lie in an attempt to enter the country illegally (read the bottom of the form he'll sign) that he will likely have a lot more than a single item on his criminal record after that. I don't think "Oops I forgot" will go very far.

The odds might certainly be small......... but there is no guarantee.

Your business, your decision.

best,

...............john
Stop making me paranoid! I don't want to hear it! *fingers in ears* LALALALLALALALA

:P
(#26 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2011, 10:46 PM

*rant* Anyways why is it ANY of their bussiness anyways!?? I mean Ok sure I can see for major crimes... maybe.. But to be so GENERAL? I mean I have been convicted like 10+ times for speeding, once for not wearing a seat belt and once for not using my turn singnal and a couple times for running a stop sign ... (jeeze now that I think about it i have ALOT! LOL)

I mean technically this mean that YES I've been convicted of criminal offences A WHOLE lot of them!

Do I have to say yes on that check mark? I mean thats CRAZY... I have no intention of saying yes because I don't think those are criminal at all. but legally they are.

Those 'criminal offences' have no effect on me in my home country AT ALL other then I probably can't drive a truck for a living.. OTHER then that NOTHING!

SO can I go to jail for saying 'no' and having all those traffic violations?

I mean what bussiness it it of them anyways. They should be specific if they want an answer.

arrfggfgg damn it japan... why you gotta be so LAME

* end rant*
(#27 (permalink))
Old
JBaymore (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2011, 12:23 AM

It is their business because it is their country and they set the rules that they want to have. It is that simple.

I don't know what the statutes are in your state, but speeding tickets in most US states are not "criminal" charges. They are "violations". Some moving driving violations are criminal, such as DWI (called DUI in some places).

best,

...............john
(#28 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2011, 12:56 AM

Just to clarify - if one has a criminal reocord then one cannot enter Japan - Is that for real?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#29 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-03-2011, 01:07 AM

Yeah I dunno... I think my japan dreams are fading away.... The consequence of lying is too high... I mean its probably some crazy international falsifying records crap with like 300000 fine.. I dunno.

I don't mind loosing the money so much.... I might still consider going and checking yes.. and hoping they will give him the pass... but the thought of going through the traumatizing interrogation process.. and possibly getting sent back on a plane....

SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
(#30 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

08-03-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
Just to clarify - if one has a criminal reocord then one cannot enter Japan - Is that for real?
as far as I can tell it depends on the offence, and what type of visa you're hoping to acquire.

tourists can get in with almost anything short of murder it seems, but I did have to get my record check and include it in an application to live here

but I don't know for sure

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.