JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dxr (Offline)
JF Regular

09-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Not to mention, just eating conbini the ENTIRE time can get very unhealthy, very quick. You will need proper proteins and diet especially if you're going to have an adventurous type trip.

A lot of people are trying to tell you that your plan is far-fetched, but I would say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? Death? Major illness? Lose all your cash in the first few days and have to live on the street until you are arrested and deported and banned from the country?

Seriously, try to shorten it up a little bit (maybe knock a month off), add a little bit more cash to your budget and maybe look into a youth hostel instead of a capsule hotel (which you will literally be sick of after a week - physically ill). I know there are hostels that will give you a room for 1500-2000¥ a night.

Remember, it is all about quality, not quantity. If you do it the way you're proposing, you may end up resenting Japan for the wrong reasons.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 08:25 PM

hmmmm i duno i would feel like i was imposing i guess if they offered then i may do that it depends really but if that was an option that come up i would certainly say yes to it lol
(#13 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 08:28 PM

hmmm well i duno about the food i pretty much live of take away foods at the minute anyway lol so am pretty unhealthy to start with as for the capsule hotel i fought they seemed awesome lol but then again i guess every one feels that way to start with i guess that i could shorten the trip and stay in a better hotel or maybe a youth hostle thanks
(#14 (permalink))
Old
phishy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to phishy
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM

The price im looking at right now for my flight from nyc and my hotel for 13 nights is only 2000 usd. And thats for an actual room...not some capsule hotel or hostel. So the rooms cant be too expensive.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 08:34 PM

wow well is pounds that would be around £1500 am guessing so it wouldnt be all the much really for me i think £5000 for flights and hotel would be enough aslong as i dnt go crazy on buying stuff which i proberly wouldnt am more into experancing stuff rather than buying things :P i guess i will just take the £5000 and see where that gets me worst that can happen is i take to walking the streets and get run over or somthing whats life with put a lil risk in it lol
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-14-2011, 08:48 PM

So you went from 3 months to 2 weeks in a span of a few hours, huh?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 08:56 PM

noooo lol from 3 months to 6 weeks lol
(#18 (permalink))
Old
dxr (Offline)
JF Regular

09-14-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishy View Post
The price im looking at right now for my flight from nyc and my hotel for 13 nights is only 2000 usd. And thats for an actual room...not some capsule hotel or hostel. So the rooms cant be too expensive.
Seems about right, but still kind of low. I went kind of high and am going to hit about $3000 for flight and hotel for 14 nights.

I am sick of hostels/business hotels and sick of stop-overs that add an extra 8 hours to an already SUPER LONG day of traveling. I find the more stop-overs/initial time traveled, adds to my jet-lag recovery time when I actually get there. Coming back is not as bad because it doesn't really matter, but when I want to get out there and explore, but feel like crap, it is a bummer.

Anyway, this is directed at you and not paulski, but don't forget that the dollar is getting absolutely killed by the yen right now, so factor in about 25% more for everything you're going to be doing in Japan.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 10:32 PM

it would seem that my plans have taken a drastic change lol my gf has decided that she would love to come to japan now and that she only wants to go for 2 weeks at first in order to see if we like it she is talking about moving out there in later life (its always been a dream of mine) anyway tho yeah thanks for all the advice guys but as you can see situation has changed because my gf happens to be a fool but what can you do lol anyway yeah 2 weeks now lol but yeah arigato guys
(#20 (permalink))
Old
phishy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to phishy
09-14-2011, 10:35 PM

Yeah the USD is getting killed by ALL currencies right now. Our economy continues to tank. I'd move to japan in a heartbeat if getting a visa wasnt SO DAMN HARD!