LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I'm guessing it's because it'a a new and interesting thing for foreigners to experience. But yeah, I agree with you. They're probably good to experience for 1 night so you can say you've done it, but for a long term option and keep wanting to go back... I can see how it looks strange :L

I've never stayed in a capsule hotel, and probably never will. I always carry too much stuff with me ^^;
Agree to both of you. I can easily find good clean business hotel cheaper than the little capsule. I seriously think that the capsule are in prime business area to rip off the regular salary guys who missed their last train.

The idea was good and exciting until you walk up to one to realize that there isn't any room to do anything inside the capsule...

I mean, it will be fun if you want to experience what a stiff felt like in a coffin...
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-15-2011, 11:14 PM

Capsule hotels do have nice public/shared areas, I suppose....

I am guessing that the "new and unique" is one part of it, but I don't think that covers the reasons why people want to set up super budget trips staying in them. Wanting to try staying in one is fine. I am confused by the people who want to spend their entire trip in capsules to save money.

I think that people just assume that as they are capsules and so small, they must be the cheapest option. I guess they don't realize that the reasons they exist - need for a lot of beds in a crowded area - doesn't have much to do with being cheap for people staying there.

I suppose if you really want to have an onsen/fancy bath experience in the middle of downtown shared with numerous business men (most don't allow women at all) with only a cramped capsule waiting for you... And a hefty price tag... Go for it.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
paulski (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2011, 10:51 AM

thanks again guys i am thinking for 2 weeks £1500 will be enough just for spending the hotel and flights are covered £1500 will be for food and spending money i aint a big shopper so i wont spend much on stuff like clothes just random bits and bobs lol but yeah thanks
(#34 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulski View Post
thanks again guys i am thinking for 2 weeks £1500 will be enough just for spending the hotel and flights are covered £1500 will be for food and spending money i aint a big shopper so i wont spend much on stuff like clothes just random bits and bobs lol but yeah thanks
1500 will definitely be enough if that doesn't include flights and food... actually, it should be ok even if you have to pay for food...