JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Igawa29 (Offline)
KQUEST

Climate Question - 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM

Just curious for the dates of Oct 31 - Nov 16, do you think it would be too much to wear a thin wool jacket during these times? I saw online that the temperatures range from 40 - 60 degrees F, but I wanted to make sure that this would be the norm.

My wife and I don't really want to bring two jackets, we were hoping for a catch all.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2011, 03:57 PM

That should be fine.

My last 2 visits in 2008 and 2010 were during the month of November and I usually wore a short sleeve shirt during the day, to the utter amazement of the locals.

Of course I'm from Canada where I was skiing just yesterday.

BTW, did Igawa's contract with the Yankees end this year?

His signing, along with Matsuzaka really left a sour taste for the MLB. It'll be interesting to see how high the posting fee for Yu Darvish will go.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Igawa29 (Offline)
KQUEST

10-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
That should be fine.
My last 2 visits in 2008 and 2010 were during the month of November and I usually wore a short sleeve shirt during the day, to the utter amazement of the locals.

Of course I'm from Canada where I was skiing just yesterday.

BTW, did Igawa's contract with the Yankees end this year?

His signing, along with Matsuzaka really left a sour taste for the MLB. It'll be interesting to see how high the posting fee for Yu Darvish will go.

Thanks for the advice, I am actually looking forward to a little cooler weather.

Igawa's contract did just end, which I am one of the few Yankee supporters of him. I think the Yankees really misused him, and never really gave Igawa a chance to work on his stuff.

I think Yu Darvish will do well in MLB, at least I hope so, and I enjoy seeing Japanese players come over to America. I would love to see Darvish come to the Yankees.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igawa29 View Post
Igawa's contract did just end, which I am one of the few Yankee supporters of him. I think the Yankees really misused him, and never really gave Igawa a chance to work on his stuff.
The posting system is really unfair to the player because it sets the bar so high in terms of expectations.

I can understand its necessity but being transplanted from one country to another is stressful enough, let alone pitching with a 30 million dollar price tag just to start negotiations.

Not to mention playing in NY where every move is scrutinized.

I really felt for him when I read this :
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/sp...pagewanted=all

I hope he gets picked up by some other team next year.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Igawa29 (Offline)
KQUEST

10-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
The posting system is really unfair to the player because it sets the bar so high in terms of expectations.

I can understand its necessity but being transplanted from one country to another is stressful enough, let alone pitching with a 30 million dollar price tag just to start negotiations.

Not to mention playing in NY where every move is scrutinized.

I really felt for him when I read this :
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/sp...pagewanted=all

I hope he gets picked up by some other team next year.
Yes that article really spoke about Igawa's Japanese pride and spirit, I do wish him well for next year