JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Travelling First Time to Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/41128-travelling-first-time-japan.html)

pat4u 11-09-2011 06:01 AM

Travelling First Time to Japan

Friends,

I am traveling to Tokyo for vacation between Nov 23 till Dec 3rd.

Since, I have never been to Japan before, I am wondering if someone could please suggest me some FAMOUS places, within Tokyo and/or nearby Tokyo

This what I am roughly looking for your suggestion(s):

- Day trips that are worth doing from Tokyo

- Self pace trips that one can make without much hassles. For example, going to train station and getting a train to place that is worth seeing.

- Any places that are approachable by Train and worth staying for few days. You may suggest more than 1 place.

- Things to do in Tokyo and any other near by place

Questions:

- How many days is suggested to spend in Tokyo?
- Any safe place to stay that are around 70-80 USD a night or lesser.

Regards,

Pat

godwine 11-09-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat4u (Post 886237)
Friends,

I am traveling to Tokyo for vacation between Nov 23 till Dec 3rd.

Since, I have never been to Japan before, I am wondering if someone could please suggest me some FAMOUS places, within Tokyo and/or nearby Tokyo

This what I am roughly looking for your suggestion(s):

- Day trips that are worth doing from Tokyo

- Self pace trips that one can make without much hassles. For example, going to train station and getting a train to place that is worth seeing.

- Any places that are approachable by Train and worth staying for few days. You may suggest more than 1 place.

- Things to do in Tokyo and any other near by place

Questions:

- How many days is suggested to spend in Tokyo?
- Any safe place to stay that are around 70-80 USD a night or lesser.

Regards,

Pat

Start your research on Japan-Guide.com

Here are a few recommendations for day trips

- Kamakura
- Nikko/Kinugawa
- Yokohama

Within Tokyo - Depends on what you like to do, but the usual - Harajuku, Akihabara, Odaiba should do the trick... Roppogi hills and Omotesando if you want to spend money shopping

If you can afford to go away for 3 days, Kyoto is a must for first timer. Though traveling time is about 3 hours from tokyo and its pricey.

Hotels, there are plenty of safe hotels for that price, mostly business hotels.. you can go through a booking agent if that makes life easy: JapanHotel.net Japanese Business Hotels, Ryokans, Minshukus, Guest Houses, Hot Springs and other accommodation

I had luck with Hotel Sun Targas at Uneo, as well as the Super Hotel chain previously

Neffiline 11-09-2011 05:21 PM

Meijin Shrine and the Tokyo Tower are 2 of my favorites from when I was in Japan the 1st time. They're super easy to get to and ton of fun! You can easily find about them and how to get there just be re-searching online :3