LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayTay View Post
I've been checking out the hotels you guys have been suggesting and some look pretty good so thanks for that.

Hopefully there's still people looking at this thread because I'm having trouble with my flight. It dropped again so now I can get my flight for $1200. I want to book it but I'm a bit confused with the time difference. As mentioned, I'm in Halifax, Canada and I need to arrive in Japan on May 16th. I typed that into the flight search and it told me I'd leave Halifax around 8am on the 15th and would arrive in Osaka by 6pm on the 16th. That sounds really wrong to be though. If I were to leave on the 15th wouldn't I arrive on the 17th since they are already a day ahead? :S
I answered your question on the BETTER board>>>Japanologic Forums • Portal
(#12 (permalink))
Old
erikcarlsson (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up 12-29-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayTay View Post
Thanks, I'll wait. It's not that I'm in a hurry I'm just excited and since I've never booked a trip before I don't want to miss out on what's going to be the best price I can get. I think I will look into travel agents....that could be a good idea,

These guys are actually who I was referring to in my original post! Although when I checked online it says 6,800Y is about $90CND with the current exchange rate. Hopefully it changes by the time I book (which I'm not looking to do for a few months yet because I want to look around first). Glad to hear your friend had a good experience though. It's nice to know of others experience when looking into a place.
I also used Sakura Hostel when I was in Japan for the first time on my vacation. I stayed there the last few days just before leaving after having staying at a Sakura House share house for 1 month. It was good and very cheap since I chose dormitory.
They also have 3 hotels that are really cheap too (from 6000 yen for a single in Jimbocho, Hatagaya and Ikebukuro).
If you are staying longer than 1 month Sakura House is a really good deal.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-29-2011, 06:04 PM

More travel, accomodation, transportation and attraction advice will be made over at jpanologic, please continue any discussion there

Japanologic Forums • Portal