JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
divineparadise (Offline)
New to JF

To Buy JR Pass or Not??? Advice needed - 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Hi all,

I am contemplating whether to buy a 7 day JR Pass for me and my hubby. We will fly from Singapore to Japan arriving on the morning of the 15th and be based in Tokyo until the 17th (business for me).

I plan to go to Hakone on the morning of the 17th for 2 days (17 & 18 December) using the Hakone Pass (not sure 2 or 3 days)?

After Hakone, I want to go to Kyoto/Nara/Osaka/Kobe and be based in Kyoto or Osaka from 19 to 23 December and returning to Tokyo after that and be based in Tokyo from 23 to 26 December for more Tokyo discovery and DisneySea (We return to Singapore on the morning of the 26th).

Based on the itinerary above, is a JR Pass worth it?

Any advice appreciated!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

12-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineparadise View Post
Hi all,

I am contemplating whether to buy a 7 day JR Pass for me and my hubby. We will fly from Singapore to Japan arriving on the morning of the 15th and be based in Tokyo until the 17th (business for me).

I plan to go to Hakone on the morning of the 17th for 2 days (17 & 18 December) using the Hakone Pass (not sure 2 or 3 days)?

After Hakone, I want to go to Kyoto/Nara/Osaka/Kobe and be based in Kyoto or Osaka from 19 to 23 December and returning to Tokyo after that and be based in Tokyo from 23 to 26 December for more Tokyo discovery and DisneySea (We return to Singapore on the morning of the 26th).

Based on the itinerary above, is a JR Pass worth it?

Any advice appreciated!
Yes. Looks like you will be saving at least a few thousand yen per person by using the pass if not by much more.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Just the round trip Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo is ¥27.500, just ¥800 short of the 7-day pass price. It's definitely worth it!