JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hamo27 (Offline)
New to JF

How Much Spending Money For 2 Weeks? - 12-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Hi,

Could i please get some advise on how much spending money i will need for 2 weeks in Japan. I will be staying 7 Days in Osaka and 7 Days in Tokyo. Accommodation and Airfare have been sorted. I'm staying with family and friends. Just wondering what i will need to allow per day on food, transport, and sites. I will be doing a bit of shopping and i plan to go to Disney Land. Also any suggestions on what to do would be great as well!

Thank You!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SuteisiChan (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo27 View Post
Hi,

Could i please get some advise on how much spending money i will need for 2 weeks in Japan. I will be staying 7 Days in Osaka and 7 Days in Tokyo. Accommodation and Airfare have been sorted. I'm staying with family and friends. Just wondering what i will need to allow per day on food, transport, and sites. I will be doing a bit of shopping and i plan to go to Disney Land. Also any suggestions on what to do would be great as well!

Thank You!!
I was in Tokyo for 2 weeks in October 2009. I had set aside around 50$ per day to eat, but there were many days I only spent 20-30$. If you pick the right places to eat, you can find good food for cheap prices. For example, I had lunch at Yoshinoya many times, you can get a bowl of rice with meat for 3-5$. And also in Tokyo I found many ramen shops that only cost 9-12$ for a HUGE (yet it was advertised size Small) bowl of noodles.

I spent about 2,000$ doing activities and shopping. But I'm a bit of a shopaholic, so maybe you aren't going to spend as much.

DisneyLand I heard is a bit expensive, though I haven't been.

I definitely recommend Tokyo Tower, it's just 800Y and it's a really great experience. It's one of my favorite memories from Tokyo. The souvenir shop in there is expensive but my Tokyo Tower souvenirs are my favorite of my whole trip.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-13-2012, 04:26 PM

We have a thread going on over at japanologic.com about travel spending, you should go over there and get your answer. I am a frequent traveler, and posted some suggestions there, please hop over and find your answer there