JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mothling (Offline)
New to JF

Park Hyatt Tokyo Hotel - 05-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Just wondering if somebody can clear this up for me.
I have heard numerous stories of the Park Hyatt Tokyo being ridiculously expensive and sometimes costing around $1000 for one night.

Now, the thing is, that I went directly to the Park Hyatt Tokyo website, and selected some rooms for some dates this autumn, and the price was pretty cheap!

With the price of my flights, in total the holiday would cost me around 1200 british pounds.

Has something gone wrong or did I just get a good deal?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
johnnyoh (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothling View Post
Just wondering if somebody can clear this up for me.
I have heard numerous stories of the Park Hyatt Tokyo being ridiculously expensive and sometimes costing around $1000 for one night.

Now, the thing is, that I went directly to the Park Hyatt Tokyo website, and selected some rooms for some dates this autumn, and the price was pretty cheap!

With the price of my flights, in total the holiday would cost me around 1200 british pounds.

Has something gone wrong or did I just get a good deal?
Not sure, but prices at even luxury hotels vary widely based on room and season. I just got back form Seoul last week. We stayed at the Park Hyatt (one of the two best hotels in Korea, along with the W Walker Hill) and only paid USD$300 night. Much cheaper than a comparable hotel where I live in San Francisco. BTW, the best hotel I have stayed in my life. I hope your experience in Japan is as good! Please post afterwards. I am visiting Tokyo in October 2008 and plan on staying at the "Park Hotel Tokyo", but let us know how your stay goes.
Johhny Oh
(#3 (permalink))
Old
glaylover (Offline)
Nan de?

05-16-2007, 10:16 AM

When you are travelling on the pound everything seems cheap!!yay. But usually the Park Hyatt is quite $$$$. especially if it is near a train station, in Japan that always makes things more expensive.

Glaylover

zutto futari de..........