JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   It's booked (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/4763-its-booked.html)

cheekymonkey 05-23-2007 11:04 AM

It's booked

Hi!

Well I have done it, booked my trip to Tokyo in 2 weeks time (arrive on 3rd June).

Have a few things planned, like a trip to the mountains for some driving with the Skyline owners club, but want to know where else I should go, I like cars and electronics, and of course japanese girls, he he!

Any tips?
James :D

Kaicui 05-23-2007 01:14 PM

Tokyo? u have to visit disney world there!!!

YaksokuDa 05-23-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaicui (Post 135252)
Tokyo? u have to visit disney world there!!!

Who the hell goes to Japan to go to Disney Land, the most Un-Japanese thing there?
To original poster:
Awwwwwww hope you enjoy your time there, great food, different toilets, I want to murder you, great night life, great people. :D

Kanji_The_Wanderer 05-23-2007 01:46 PM

Well if you are going to the mountains then I think you should make your first visit a nature exploration! lol I think I rather walk around the forests and villages then go to Tokyo. But I am not sure, I probably change my mind when I got there.:cool:

But in my opinion, if you are going to travel in the mountains then explore that stuff the first time around.

Then your second trip, when you save more money, go to the cities like Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Tokyo.

xYinniex 05-23-2007 01:52 PM

yeah, the hot spas. mmm.
oh and try go see the pokecenter in tokyo. what elese. i've heard there is a hello kitty land<ambush the big hello kitties walking around> :kittycake:

and don't get conned into buying expensive rip off food, try to look for little cheaper places. yeah ^^ got that?

cheekymonkey 05-23-2007 02:58 PM

Thanks for your replies!

Actually I hadn't considered going to disney world but as you say it's not very japanese, plus I'll be going on my own, not with a family in tow *grin*

I'm there for two weeks, so should have enough time to experience the city, and get a bit rural as well.

I am looking forward to drooling at the japanese girls in.. oh what's the place called? Where all the teenyboppers hang out! hehe!!

xYinniex 05-23-2007 02:59 PM

harujuko bridge?

cheekymonkey 05-23-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 135445)
harujuko bridge?

Yeah, thats the one! :D

cheekymonkey 05-23-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 135282)
don't get conned into buying expensive rip off food, try to look for little cheaper places. yeah ^^ got that?

I plan to do that. I am staying in a hotel for the first week, to play it safe, but I'm not going to eat there. I love sushi and that sort of thing and plan to go to the fish markets a Tsukiji.

Going to experience the culture, not just the hotel room!

xYinniex are you from Japan? I live in wiltshire but work in London (right by tower of london)

Kanji_The_Wanderer 05-23-2007 04:20 PM

When you come back, you must come and tell us about the entire thing!:D

Oh yeah, and when you come back, you can post your pictures on here in the "Japan Trip Report" section. All you got to do is make a thread there, and show us your images so we can comment on them! That would be cool.:cool: