JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Japan sees a record number of visitors in 2013 - 12-03-2013, 06:54 AM

According to the tourism bureau, Japan received 8.7 million foreign visitors in 2013. This is the busiest year ever for tourists.

Japan has a lot to offer to tourists, such as beautiful scenery, intersting cultural activities, and a safe environment where one doesn't have to fear being hurt or robbed. In addition to these good points, the food in Japan is quite tasty, and the water is safe to drink. Tokyo has the largest number of Michelin star restaurants than any other city in the world.

Other good points are efficient and inexpensive local transportation, numerous stores, shops, and entertainment places. For souvenirs, snacks, drinks, plays, or movies, there is something for everyone.

There are numerous hotels in Japan, suitable for any budget, from youth hostels to 5 star resorts. The recent depreciation of the yen has also helped to make Japan a more affordable travel destination.

The numbers of foreign visitors now to places like Akihabara and Shibuya are surprising, I hope more will come.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-04-2013, 08:54 AM

That seems amazing. Love the fact that Japan is getting more people, its been 4 years since the earthquake and tsunami, Japan NEEDS more tourism..

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-06-2013, 12:48 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-14-2013, 03:49 AM

Personally, I don't think there is so much racism in Japan. It is true that there are still a few small inns and "soap lands" which do not allow foreigners, but these are quite hard to find, and with business having slowed down throughout much of the country, even these will disappear.

Visitors to Japan will find the Japanese to be very helpful and polite, probably much more so than in the visitor's own countries.

Foreign residents on the other hand have a more difficult time. There is still discrimination when it comes to things like renting/buying a home or apartment, or getting a credit card. And even if you live in Japan long enough to be fluent in Japanese, become a permanent resident, and get a Japanese passport, you will always be a "gaikokujin" (foreign country person).
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 11:34 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

01-10-2014, 07:33 PM

My band took a trip to Japan in 2011 I was sadly unable to go due to passport issues but they brought back tons of awesome stories and pictures. Though they spent most of the time talking about sake vending machines. I believe the tourism will continue to grow with continued governmental support and advertisement.