JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jeikobu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu
Question Concerning the Yakkan Shoumei - 12-26-2014, 12:07 AM

Hi. I am heading to Japan on a work visa through Kansai International Airport, arriving there January 14. I want to bring three months worth of Escitalopram (Lexapro). I know if one wants to bring more than a month's worth of medication they are supposed to apply for a Yakkan Shoumei. I looked at the details and printed the required documents and I have been trying to fill them out, but I don't think the instructions are clear enough. Even after looking at further instructions i'm still not sure if I am entering things right (ex: when I'm supposed to enter the amount I want to bring over am I supposed to mention the amount per bottle or the total amount, including the amount I wouldn't need a Yakkan Shoumei to bring in? I don't want to accidentally give misleading information and then be in trouble in customs). Plus, I don't have much time left and I'm concerned that by now I won't have enough time to receive the form before I enter Japan (I know I should've done it sooner but I've been preoccupied with a bunch of other things I have needed to do to get ready).

I doubt there's any direct alternative to the Yakkan Shoumei, but would relatives maybe be able to ship the rest to me from America? Is it illegal to send medication in the mail?

If you live in Colorado, please come visit Japanese Hope Mountain Family Church! Even if you aren't a Christian, please try it. It's a great place where you can meet very nice people and speak lots of Japanese.ウェブサイトをご覧して下さい!
http://www.jhmfc.org/JHMFC/Welcome.html
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
12-26-2014, 03:41 PM

As a exceptional rule at the custom house, you can bring doctor-instructed only one month worth of medication with you because doctor's instruction is assumed to expire in a month.

Does your doctor instruct you to use the medication for next three months ? Showing the written instruction by your doctor, Custom house might allow you to bring the three months worth of medication.

With one month medication, You should find new doctor in Japan within a month after arriving.

Or, your relatives could send one month worth of medication to you at once with one month interval.

Anyway, you should call +81-6-6942-4096 or send fax to +81-6-6942-2472 for authorized answers.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.