JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hanabiko (Offline)
New to JF

Tokyo (and Kyoto) short term apartments (less than 2 weeks) - 06-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Hello there!
I'm Anna, from Italy, and I've planned with my bf a trip in Japan the next october. We thought about stay 13 nights in Tokyo and 13 in Kyoto but finding an apartment, even 3 months earlier, seems rather difficoult.

We choose to stay in an apartment because of the high prices of the hotels, (you usually spend around 80-100 € for a super small semi double), and because we thought it would be more comfortable having a kitchen to use.

Btw it seems that in the super big Tokyo is really hard to find some good apartment for short stays and here comes the question:
Do you have any advice about it? Have you ever used one of the most famous services like tokyoapartments.jp, bamboo-house and so on? I ended up using airbnb even because i couldn't find ANY reviews about websites like that.

Moreover I was wondering: is it possible that the biggest part of the apartments in tokyo is already been booked? I always find unavailable apartments.

Do you have any suggestion?

I've started to look for Kyoto apartments as well but it will be the next chapter (but if you have any suggestion for kyoto is obviously well accepted too!)

Thanks for reading guys,
Anna
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
06-16-2014, 03:09 PM

Here is my answer for another (similar) question.

3 weeks, 2 adults and 1 8 months old baby

I hope it helps.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
doodoofan (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2014, 04:48 PM

If you guys don't mind small apartments and want to save money, I think you should use this site: https://www.couchsurfing.org. You might be able to find Japanese people who are willing to let you stay for free.

Finding a cheap apartment to live in a short time is not easy if you can't speak Japanese. Renting an apartment requires you to sign contracts, have a guarantor, etc. I also have two friends from Italy who went to Japan for a month last year, but I never had a chance to ask them where they stayed during that whole month. They traveled a lot, not just to Tokyo and Kyoto but many other places as well, so I think they must haved stayed at a hotel or motel.