JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
danslak (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Sure, there is racism in every country, But don't get racism confused with curiosity. A friend of mine is half japanese/white, and she gets just as many stares, questions, etc. I think if you're a jerk, whatever color, is what gets people into trouble. I recently saw a youtube video of 2 americans trying to pick up Japanese girls on the street. These guys were real jerks and I couldn't help but think, "Thanks a lot a**h***'s." Be respectful, and you'll get that in return.

BTW, a japanese friend of mine ONLY dates black men. So much for Japanese racism...
(#82 (permalink))
Old
NaruNaruChan (Offline)
its been so long dear JF

Send a message via AIM to NaruNaruChan
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM

One of my friends from japan is black and he says nothing happens to him so I think you'll be fine.

Claims:
auncia~ Yosuke, Hikari
Billy~Tsubuku
Merry~Nero
Mix Speakers~ Miki
The underneath~Ryo
Versailles~Teru
Ruvie~Tsubame
(#83 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

12-16-2007, 03:00 PM

It doesnt matter if you're white, black, green or yellow..you'll be fine. (If you're green or yellow, you might get a few stares, but..)
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
It doesnt matter if you're white, black, green or yellow..you'll be fine. (If you're green or yellow, you might get a few stares, but..)
That is right Clairebear.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
TheStreetsFM (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to TheStreetsFM
New to this forum - 12-17-2007, 06:52 AM

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and I was wondering about this same topic because I'm black and was told by my 2 friends of mine that used to travel to Japan for work that they were treated nicely by everyone until they expressed a desire to move to japan permanently.

I live in the USA and I hope to one day move to Japan because the majority of people there don't seem as barbaric as the folks here in the USA. Racism and Xenophobia I can deal with but humans that act like monsters can be a problem.

There are a few of us here in the USA that are trying desperately to leave. You can meet some of us on TheStreetsFM.Com

Last edited by TheStreetsFM : 12-17-2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: sp
(#86 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

12-19-2007, 11:32 AM

well i think they would treat you nicely...especially if you're a tourist. they want you to have a nice image of their country. i'm studying at a tokyo university right now and i heard from a french guy that when he was drinking with a bunch of other white guys there were a bunch of salarymen ridiculing them saying "why are you speaking japanese gaijin??" and stuff like that. if you are any kind of asian (jap which i am, krn, or chinese) you wont get stares cuz they probably cant tell the difference. but i notice a lot of people staring down black people on the train and stuff. for the most part people will be nice to you...then again its all about tatemae anyway so you never really know..but who cares. just one bit of advice...don't go to the seedy areas of town because there are gangs of younger guys and bosozoku looking to pick fights with random foreigner looking guys esp black and white guys.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#87 (permalink))
Old
mtnbkr01201 (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I live in Pittsfield, Mass. USA. And wish I lived in Ireland.
Send a message via Yahoo to mtnbkr01201
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentAJ View Post
I am not saying that Blacks are superior to all races, I am saying that contrary to latrino belief, they are not the best of all races. I am saying that Blacks are people too, and we can be just as good or bad as anyone else. The latrinos and japs refuse to see this though, but one day they will. I'm going to show those fuckers.

Please don't take this as being disrespectful, but I was born in the USA, my mother is Italian, and my father is Irish, so I'm close to being fresh of the boat so to speak, I am 55 years old and from all I've seen all my life, not one single person is superior to me, as I am NOT superior to any one else, the only real thing that differentiates us all is our level of ignorance - or stupidity, we are all born ignorant ( lack of knowledge and wisdom ), you can learn and become humble with that knowledge and gain wisdom, or remain stupid for the rest of your life, then prejudice will remain.
We should all be able to travel where we wish without fear of unwaranted hate for no good reason such as nationality, the color of one's skin, or if one has riches - and the other doesn't.
OR, of any one persons ignorant opinion of another person.
The cure for ignorance is knowledge, there is not cure for stupidity.
William

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength, and the joy of living If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.
Tehcumseh, Indian Warrior

Last edited by mtnbkr01201 : 12-19-2007 at 02:25 PM.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Genkaku (Offline)
JF Regular

12-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicui View Post
yo u never heard of SAPP the beast...hes a mega celebrity in japan! and hes a black wrestler!!!!
He's nothing compared to Ernesto Hoost and maybe even Remy Bonjaski

They're being worshipped like gods!

Ken.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

12-19-2007, 03:08 PM

seeing bob sapp on j-tv makes me sick. he just prances around like a raging gorilla...even grunting and w/e. god thats low...but i guess when its for $$$ nothing matters i suppose...

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#90 (permalink))
Old
ryochonan1 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genkaku View Post
He's nothing compared to Ernesto Hoost and maybe even Remy Bonjaski

They're being worshipped like gods!
Yeah those guys are so popular, however I am real dissapointed that Bonjasky did not take the GP this year. He'll be back next year though.