JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jiji (Offline)
New to JF

Fare advice - 07-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Hi everyone

I am planning to visit Tokyo in August (a bit short notice I know) and I have been searching on the internet since yesterday but the price is extremely high. Anyone knows where to get the best deal? How much should I settle for? I am getting really frustrated because it appears that the prices are going up on a daily basis.

Thanks
Jiji
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-17-2007, 11:43 AM

You might want to supply us with a bit more info. like: where are you from, how many people are we talking about, what kind of hotel are you looking for, how long will you stay etc. >.> How old are you?

Eventhough I doubt anyone will want to play travel agent for you in the first place...

Bye
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

From the U.S., Tokyo is usually a pretty cheap flight. Did you try Orbitz and Expedia? There are some services that specialize in last minute deals too, but I'm not sure which ones right now. Where are you coming from?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

07-17-2007, 02:04 PM

Well from here I can get to Tokyo for about $5
You might want to tell us where you are coming from mate!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Jiji (Offline)
New to JF

Silly old me - 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM

sorry guys, it must be the weather here that gives me the haze, yes, you guessed right, I am from the UK, am sure you all know the unpredictable weather here or predictably unpredictable....anyway, thanks for the reminder. Advice on fare welcome...from UK to Tokyo
(#6 (permalink))
Old
DXL (Offline)
JF Regular

07-17-2007, 07:05 PM

what websites are you using or what airlines are you checking?

the cheapest flight i found was off travelbag.com and the Japan Centre in Picadilly. That was for travel in June. Check those two out and then look on some airlines. 35 days APEX tickets are the cheapest but means you gotta book 35 days atleast prior to flying.

How much are the tickets you are coming across by the way?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
laurel (Offline)
JF Regular

07-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
sorry guys, it must be the weather here that gives me the haze, yes, you guessed right, I am from the UK, am sure you all know the unpredictable weather here or predictably unpredictable....anyway, thanks for the reminder. Advice on fare welcome...from UK to Tokyo
Hmm... when I went back to Tokyo last Christmas vacation, the airline ticket cost around 500 quids. I'm afraid that you have to pay at least this amount during the holiday.
If you can change your schedule, I suggest you to travel Japan in September; you might find cheaper ticket.

"yf I ded ony foly I have that I sought."

-- Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur