JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jiji (Offline)
New to JF

Hokkaido-travel advice - 07-20-2007, 11:29 AM

I am going to Tokyo next month and would like to take a trip to Hokkaido. Any suggestions on which city to go (and why), where and how many nights I need to stay. Would it be a major probme in terms of orientation since I don't speak Japanese? I have no problem travelling in Tokyo with the underground train. Would it be similar in Hokkaido?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ForeignExchangeStudent (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Try Sapporo

You have to risk life to create a future.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AsianG1 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AsianG1 Send a message via Yahoo to AsianG1
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
I am going to Tokyo next month and would like to take a trip to Hokkaido. Any suggestions on which city to go (and why), where and how many nights I need to stay. Would it be a major probme in terms of orientation since I don't speak Japanese? I have no problem travelling in Tokyo with the underground train. Would it be similar in Hokkaido?
Hey
go to Osaka
that place is so much fun because there are great places to eat and a whole bunch of stores to go to and teh people are not in a huge rush to go some where like in tokyo...
Hokkaido is great to but ive only been there in the winter because its beautiful when its covered in snow

I'll beat anyone who challenges me, I'll beat anyone who thinks they are better.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-25-2007, 02:00 PM

If you visit Hokkaido, you should try and go during the winter. I have seen pictures of their Snow Festival/Ice Celebrations. They build magnificent things out of ice, such as giant houses and ice statues of animals. It is definitely a must see in real life, so if you are going try to go at that time.

I think the Ice Festival is in Sapporo. Not entirely sure though.