JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
D.C.O. (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to D.C.O. Send a message via Skype™ to D.C.O.
Best Japan "Sights" - 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM

Hello everybody,
I'm going to visit Japan and maybe to live there for some time.
So, please advice me what I should to visit/see/taste/hear and anything else to feel Japan.
I'm 20 y.o. and I'm from Moscow, Russia.

Do what you can do!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsukikage (Offline)
6th div vice

09-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Hi there, I recomend going to Shibuya first off for the electronics centre of Japan, then on a clear day id suggest going to the Shinjuku government buildings to see Tokyo going off into the horizen in all directions, absolutly beautiful! I also recomend ging to Harajuku on the saturday or sunday (sundays probably best i think..) to see the girls dressed in unusual fashion, and while your in that area visit yoyogi park, the entrance of which is by the Harajuku girls.
Yakitori is really tasty, Grilled chicken, definatly recomended. Plus if you like coffee, look out in vending machines for 'creamy roots coffee'
Have a great time!
Regards
Greg
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Smile Bib - 09-15-2006, 04:00 PM

Where will you visit in JAPAN?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsukikage (Offline)
6th div vice

09-15-2006, 04:47 PM

oops, just realised I didnt say my post was based in Tokyo:s
Sorry
(#5 (permalink))
Old
D.C.O. (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to D.C.O. Send a message via Skype™ to D.C.O.
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukikage
oops, just realised I didnt say my post was based in Tokyo
It's OK, I have heared about some of this places. Thank you very much for Shinjuku - I think It will be great.

2 Unregistered

Well, I think winter is not the best time, maybe spring or summer. But it seems to me that the best time is fall.

Do what you can do!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
nihonga (Offline)
JF Regular

09-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukikage
Hi there, I recomend going to Shibuya first off for the electronics centre of Japan, then on a clear day id suggest going to the Shinjuku government buildings to see Tokyo going off into the horizen in all directions, absolutly beautiful! I also recomend ging to Harajuku on the saturday or sunday (sundays probably best i think..) to see the girls dressed in unusual fashion, and while your in that area visit yoyogi park, the entrance of which is by the Harajuku girls.
Greg
I agree with all of your Tokyo suggestions - Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya - but I would argue that Akihabara is really the electronics centre and Shibuya is more the youth fashion and love hotel centre.

Also, many people enjoy checking out Meiji Shrine while in Harajuku and the Kabukicho district in Shinjuku, which is on the East side of the station. Kabukicho is where much of the neon you see in Tokyo photos is and was said to be the inspiration for some of the scenes in the movie Bladerunner.

Most tourists also visit the grounds of the Tokyo Imperial Palace near Tokyo Station.

"Youths of Japan, scrawl your graffiti in kanji!" -Tenmyouya
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-19-2006, 02:15 AM

hmmm...[takes notes]. future refference.

btw, to those that have been there...jrail passes. how much are they? weekly/monthly?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Karmillina (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2006, 01:05 AM

I've read that they're really expensive, but I've never gone to Japan so I can't tell o___O *faints*
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsukikage (Offline)
6th div vice

09-20-2006, 10:25 AM

i think its about £100 or somthing for a 2 week pass, best to ask a travel agents though, but they are 100% worth the experience, and if you plan your trip well enough, you can make the best use of it. If its your first trip to Nihon and you are there for over a week, I recomend thinking along those lines (plus bullet trains are so comfortable too).

Greg

Last edited by Tsukikage : 09-22-2006 at 09:30 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-22-2006, 12:42 AM

ah, ok. hmm, planning ahead is such a pain. lol. but i guess it has to be done. ^^;
i guess i should do some more research into where/how to get them...