JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   a way for teens to visit japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/6944-way-teens-visit-japan.html)

nippon 08-11-2007 11:56 PM

a way for teens to visit japan

Our 2006 Asia Programs

if u r a teenager who wants to visit japan like i did and recieve college credit for it then u must join this group or at least sign up to go to meeting

Housetek 08-12-2007 05:38 AM

the college i use to go to *Penn State* use to have programs for japan.

only problem was it was 2 weeks, and cost like 3 grand.

I figure if your gona pay that much for a airplane ticket mite as well stay longer.

but good program to get into if you really want to see Japan

Zagato289 08-12-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nippon (Post 204211)
Our 2006 Asia Programs

if u r a teenager who wants to visit japan like i did and recieve college credit for it then u must join this group or at least sign up to go to meeting

how much the you pay for the trip.

ThatsMyPocket 12-21-2007 07:34 PM

You have saved me!!

I was looking for sooooooo long to find a company like this!!! Thanks so much!! I do have a couple questions though. First, how much did it cost to go? I'm not going this year, but saving up to go next year, so I'm not yet ready to register or nominate myself or however that works. Secondly, I know it would be good if I took some japaneese language tapes or classes or something, but it mentions a home-stay. What is that like? Are there any special steps I need to take to prepare for that? Lastly, how was your overall experience?? (Ex. favorite/most intersesting thing.) Oh wait!! another thing.....did you really get to go to the Harajuku district??!!! Thats going to be a highlight for me!! Thanks again! :rheart:

Amnell 12-22-2007 07:37 AM

My eldest brother just took a trip with his Japanese language class to Tokyo. Thing was, it was NOT a school sponsored trip. He probably spent close to $4000 USD. He loved it. Two things he recommends you ABSOLUTELY take with you:

Title: The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary
ISBN: 978-4-7700-2855-6
Price: ¥3900 (about $35.00)
Reason: The very best Kanji dictionary ever published in a portable size.

Title: "Langenscheidt Pocket Dictionary / Japanese"
ISBN: 1-58573-038-6
Price: $13.95
Reason: The most compact, practical set of useful Japanese<->English vocabulary you can carry.

(copy/pasted from an email he sent me)

I haven't myself been to Japan, and my current college doesn't seem to be offering a trip this coming year (or at least this coming semester, anyway). I do intend to go someday, though~ ^_^ !!!

@Thatsmypocket

A couple things I constantly hear people saying to do before going to Japan:

Learn how to use Hashi (chopsticks)! ... !!!!!!!!!11one!
Get a small inventory of Japanese phrases stuck in your head (if you don't intend to learn the language, anyway).
Figure out a budget for spending while you're there.
If you're going to stay with a host-family, bring a gift or two from your home country.

Hope some of that helps you at least a little bit!:D