JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Okinawa (Offline)
Okinawa Japan Sweety

Favorite place to travel in Japan - 08-15-2007, 11:13 AM

For those who have been to japan, what is your favorite place to travel to in Japan? Tokyo was always fun for me, but I am interested in hearing about the places you love to visit.

I love taking Pictures of Japan. I love Japan, do you? Check out my Okinawa Pictures. Okinawa is home, a small little island in Japan.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
El2IN (Offline)
Key's butterfly

Send a message via MSN to El2IN
08-15-2007, 12:24 PM

I know, I shouldn't be posting, because you said for all those who've been to Japan... I haven't been to Japan. But I WOULD wanna go to Kyoto.

I dunno why though.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
baronchar (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Tokyo was really a blast, but I also enjoyed Toyama (in Toyama-ken). It had some really beautiful scenery - on a clear day the mountains (Japan Alps?) were all around off in the distance. It's also near the sea, and while I didn't make it down there, I bet it's awesome to have the sea in front of you and the mountians behind you.

As far as the town itself, I thought there was really good mix of modern stuff and traditional cultural stuff. So I recommend it to anyone who is going to Japan! (or anyone living there who hasn't been)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nanuq (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Nanuq Send a message via AIM to Nanuq Send a message via MSN to Nanuq Send a message via Yahoo to Nanuq
08-16-2007, 12:27 AM

I would also visit some nature places in Japan, perhaps a comfortable onsen in a mountain region.

ではまたね!
Björn "Nanuq"

* リボーンプリングリングインフェルノ *

--

Please visit also my homepage: http://www.nanuq.de.ki/
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AsianG1 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AsianG1 Send a message via Yahoo to AsianG1
08-16-2007, 03:46 AM

Well ever gone to Okinawa, Kyoto or Osaka?
i would go there if i were you
those are the best places to visit if you wanna get away from it all...

I'll beat anyone who challenges me, I'll beat anyone who thinks they are better.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Danierux (Offline)
KANSAI WANNABE

10-11-2007, 01:21 PM

I woudln't say going to oaka to get away from it all hehe. but none the less it is still one of my fav places in japan. GO KANSAI REGION. I'm not a big fan of KANTO region. Not sure why, maybe because my gf is a kansai girl hehe but yeah. As for places. Onsens are the shiznit. Great place to relax and basically wind down.

ダニエル X

(#7 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-11-2007, 02:10 PM

In terms of the sheer number of times I visited it, wandering the back streets of Osaka, hitting the used manga stores, used CD shops, and restaurants wins by a landslide. But I was an avid manga collector, and found that to be a fun way to spend a Saturday.

In terms of amazing places that blew me away, I'd say Koya-san is probably at the top of the list. Nikko was also very impressive, as were Nagasaki, Himeji Castle, hiking in the Japan Alps, and Nara.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-11-2007, 02:49 PM

man i wish when to japan already. but i would like to visit tokyo and kyoto and like to check out some of their hot springs as well
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM

I like Tokyo there are all of my friends !!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#10 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Samurai007 made an excellent point! Go explore the back streets in any town you might visit including Tokyo. You sure will get to see the different sides of a town. You will miss so much if you only choose to stroll on the busy main streets. Stores and restaurants tend to be more unique and friendlier on the back streets because their counterparts on the main streets often tend to depend solely on their good locations for more business and neglect on proving good service.

Anyway, my favorite cities are Kobe, Sapporo, Hakodate, Fukuoka, etc.. Too bad they are all so far from Tokyo, which is where I reside. For onsen, I highly recommend Noboribetsu and Gero.