LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kritan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Kritan
Smile Japan, Tokyo, Language studies! - 09-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm a new face here, so an little introduction seems like the right thing to do!
I'm Christoffer, 23 (well in a few days) year old guy from Sweden, and starting from january 2008 I'll be an inhabitant of Tokyo.
Interessts ... Depends on the day, I like sleeping! Culture, language and civics (gosh I sound boring?) are things that interesst me, as well as late nights at a friends place with suitable amount of booze, girls and videogames!
Enough about me. *bows*

Ahh I mentioned Tokyo, yes I'm leaving this scarcely populated country for a year (or more, who knows.) to attend language school in Tokyo 2008. Anyone here done the same? Experiences? Tips? I read Housteks most exellent guides, but if anyone feel they want to share something, go ahead please.

Oh, also! A few months back I was looking all over the internet after Japanese people (males/females) in the Tokyo area to speak with, to make some connections. To not have an brainmeltdown being TOTALLY lonely in a city with 4x the population of my homecountry *grin*.
However one of those turned out to be a sweet girl that I are on fairly friendly terms with now - What are the "Do and donts" that I should know about? Now I'm no horny BHL so thats not what I'm asking!! I mean ... Simple stuff as "Dont tell her she fits in red shoes even if she doesnt just to be nice" Which would be the custom here in most cases I guess I could ask her, but that would feel a bit strange to say the least It would be fairly annoying ruining a friendship over some shoes!

Last thing, Certificate of Eligibility (spelling?! :S) how long does it usually take to get it?

"wall of text hit you for 10000 points!" ... Hehe, thanks for reading, I'm out!

/Kritan

P.S. Kanji is hard, a chinese friend told me that what I write barely even reassembles kanji

Space for hire!