JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SaintessRisa (Offline)
New to JF

Bemani 10th Anniversary @ Zepp Tokyo - 09-22-2007, 07:49 AM

Hello. I am just enquiring around, a minimum of how much is required to visit Japan just for 1 day?

I am planning to go for the Bemani 10th Anniversary at Zepp Tokyo on the 2nd December at the end of this year.

I need suggestions on

1. Where to stay
2. Where to eat
3. Transportation costs
4. Legal options (in case I get robbed or raped)

Thanks in advance!

Proud member of the International BeForU Fanboard

The Avid BeForU Lover within a LUNA+tic FANTASY.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2007, 07:53 AM

Huh? Do people plan on getting robbed or raped? You are going to Tokyo...one of the safest cities in the world.

There are hundreds of hotels, thousands of restuarants,

No one can tell you your transportation costs without knowing where you are going. To where? From where?

You need to give a little more info in order to get some.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SaintessRisa (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2007, 08:01 AM

I was told that Beijing is safe but I had to beat up a couple of muggers trying to rob me.

I would prefer somewhere near Zepp Tokyo though.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I was told that Beijing is safe but I had to beat up a couple of muggers trying to rob me.
what?! who told you that Beijing is safe... that dude probably go it mix up with Hong Kong. Hong Kong is safe..

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
SaintessRisa (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2007, 08:05 AM

Is Zepp Tokyo near Haneda Airport? I know for sure my country's embassy is at Roppongi, but I have no idea how to get around Japan.

Firstly I need to find a place to stay before planning out my trip routes. I am not planning to stay for long though because I don't intend on letting my parents know that I am out of the country.

Last edited by SaintessRisa : 09-22-2007 at 08:13 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessRisa View Post
Is Zepp Tokyo near Haneda Airport? I know for sure my country's embassy is at Roppongi, but I have no idea how to get around Japan.

Firstly I need to find a place to stay before planning out my trip routes. I am not planning to stay for long though because I don't intend on letting my parents know that I am out of the country.
No kidding. Who told you Beijing was safe?

What the heck is Zepp Tokyo?

I would ask "what are you trying to accomplish?" but it already sounds pretty suspect.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SaintessRisa (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2007, 08:32 AM

Zepp Tokyo is one of the music halls in Japan, one of the subsidiaries of Sony Entertainment Japan.

Here is it's address.....

Palette Town, Aomi 1
Koto-ku
Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture
135-0064

I am only there just for the anniversary and to collect information for my fansite (down atm and will only be back in December). But I can only stay up to a maximum of 4 days and if at best, only 1.

Sorry for not being too direct when asking questions.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2007, 09:12 AM

Maybe Housetek can help better.

Without knowing your budget, where you are flying in to, (no where is close to Narita or Haneda) what you like to eat, or what you are trying to do, these questions are kind of hard to answer.

One day in Tokyo?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SaintessRisa (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2007, 09:22 AM

What is Housetek? Is it a reference site?

I am actually fine with anything to eat, as long as it is cheap and fills (less than 1000 yen per meal should be fine I think).

I am thinking of flying into Tokyo, and I have checked the flights table and plan to land in Narita Airport, since Haneda is meant mostly for domestic air travel.

I have already gotten the prices of the air tickets, so now I am planning the expenditure in there.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
09-23-2007, 04:02 PM

It's very easy to get to Zepp Tokyo. Just hop out from the Yamanote-sen at Osaki, jump on the Rinkai-sen (the train going to Odaiba) to Tokyo Terepoto Eki. Or exit at Aomi eki from the Yurikamome-sen. It's a good place, but a bit too small for huge events...
The Yamanote sen is very comfortable, and you can get from Osaki in around half an hour to Ueno, Shibuya and Shinjuku. Because of this, there's no need to find an accomodation near to Zepp. Every hotel on the Yamanote would be ok. A one-way ticket on the yamanote is around 190yen, the trip on the rinkai or the yurikamome will be 350yen.
To get from Narita to Tokyo, take a local train to Tokyo Station (arond 1700yen) or the Limousine Bus to Shinjuku (3000yen), both stops are connected with the Yamanote line.
If you're planning to stay there just one night, why don't you plan on spending the night into a karaoke? It will cost you around 2000yen, and you don't have to sing all the night, you can confortably sleep on the soft couch!!
As for meals, look for a Lotteria, or a local Soba/Ramen/Curry shop. You'll get an excellent meal for around 500yen. But you could also go to a konbini and but a bento (lunch in a box!) and some other stuff (onigiri, nikuman, sandwiches, melon pan, sweets or drinks), with 1000yen you'll be more than filled!