ciao!
here it's 8:24 am and I'm at home because I'm sick

What amusement parks do you have seen?
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-12-2007, 06:49 AM

I did Expo-Land in Osaka and Fuji-kyu Highland at Mt. Fuji.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
10-12-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eako View Post
As for a cheep hotel in Shinjuku, there is one that I intend to stay at (someday) It is called the Shinjuku Prince Hotel, and has very good standards for the amount of money it costs to stay there. As for it's exact location...I can't say, But it is in Shinjuku somewhere
It's the big building over Seibu Shinjuku Eki... there's a departement store called "PePe" right under it. It's just at the western edge of Kabukicho, near the railway. You can see it easily from the the station's eastern exit.

Speaking of amusement parks, I like very much Fuji Q. It has some of the best roller coasters I've ever seen... Eejanaika is awesome, Zaboon is an ok ride, but it generates a tsunami when falling into the water, and Dodonpa is rjust---wow... it accellerates from 0 to 172km/h (105mph) in less than 2 seconds, and it makes you feel both 4.25G and 0G in a 60-seconds ride!! The silent-hill like haunted house (it's shaped like an old hospital, and the "monsters" are real actors) was awesome.

In Tokyo, I like going to theTokyo Dome. The jet coaster is good, expecially the first fall, and that U-shaped ride is also amazing. Tokyo Dome hosts the best haunted house I've ever seen, the "13 Doors"... it's the best because it's done really well, has both puppets and live actors, and you enter there *alone* (or in very small groups, like 2 or three persons) and have to pass through 13 rooms opening the doors with a key. Excellent!!