JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xfiddyx (Offline)
New to JF

Travelling in June, late may - 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM

I am going to Tokyo in late May, early June and i was reading about the rainy season and the golden week holiday period. I was just wondering whether the early June time is a good time to go, would the rain really spoil my time there or stop me from going shopping, sight seeing etc?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfiddyx View Post
I am going to Tokyo in late May, early June and i was reading about the rainy season and the golden week holiday period. I was just wondering whether the early June time is a good time to go, would the rain really spoil my time there or stop me from going shopping, sight seeing etc?
Lots of shopping areas in Japan have covered walkways, and just carry a collapsible umbrella with you for the times you need it. If you don't let the rain stop you, it won't.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Early June will almost always be better than mid or late June as far as the amount of rain we have in Tokyo. But since it differs greatly form one year to another, it's really hard to say if you should reschedule your trip. As samurai007 says, i don't think you will get so badly wet unless you plan on taking long strolls in Tokyo. A backpack will come in handy when you go shopping. By carrying some of the things you have bought in the backpack, you will have a better chance of having a free hand for the umbrella if and when it starts raining.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Danierux (Offline)
KANSAI WANNABE

10-12-2007, 02:18 AM

THis year I went late may into June and it didn't rain so much. It is before the typhoon season so you should be fine. However I was in Kansai area most of the time so not sure about Tokyo area. You should probably want to avoid Golden week (early may). As many shops, events, sightseeing places are very packed.

ダニエル X