JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ryohazuki224 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ryohazuki224
Trip to Japan - Plan on going to ComiKet! - 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Comiket, or comic market, as most of you would know is the one of the biggest comic festivals in japan! I've always wanted to go to japan, and I've decided that when I do, I'm gonna go to comiket! from what research I've done, I found that its twice a year, one in summer (not sure the date) and one at winter, usually at the end of december.

My question is, has anybody been to comiket or know somebody that has been? i wouldnt even know how to get in. is it like some of our conventions here where you should register in advance? or do ya just line up in that huge line you see in pics and anime?(genshiken comes to mind - in fact that was one of my inspirations)

Of course theres other things i wanna do in japan as well. I just know i have to do alot of pre-planning. especially my budget... gonna buy A TON of stuff there!! haha!

thanks for any info!

my site... tho it remains incomplete:
http://www.geocities.com/hazukiryo224/LegendIndex.html
(#2 (permalink))
Old
summerzhuling (Offline)
New to JF

Wink How to send gift baskets to friends in China? - 11-02-2007, 09:18 AM

I have some friends in Canada, they often ask me how to delivery gift baskets in China. I know there are several famous flower delivery websites in China, but I know few things about gift baskets except flower baskets. Maybe it is the different culture.
I search from the net and find a few gift baskets websites in China, such as www.800chinabaskets.com,Has anyone used the services from these websites? Please give me some advise? Thank you very much!!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryohazuki224 View Post
Comiket, or comic market, as most of you would know is the one of the biggest comic festivals in japan! I've always wanted to go to japan, and I've decided that when I do, I'm gonna go to comiket! from what research I've done, I found that its twice a year, one in summer (not sure the date) and one at winter, usually at the end of december.

My question is, has anybody been to comiket or know somebody that has been? i wouldnt even know how to get in. is it like some of our conventions here where you should register in advance? or do ya just line up in that huge line you see in pics and anime?(genshiken comes to mind - in fact that was one of my inspirations)

Of course theres other things i wanna do in japan as well. I just know i have to do alot of pre-planning. especially my budget... gonna buy A TON of stuff there!! haha!

thanks for any info!
I don't know Comiket specifically, but I went to a smaller manga and anime convention in Osaka while I was there. Tickets for that one were cheaper in advance, but also available at the door, same as in the US. There seemed to be far less focus on buying and selling manga and anime than American comic conventions, where much of the space is devoted to dealers. There are not all that many back issue/used manga dealers in Japan, and most of the ones there are tend to be small mom & pop shops, so that may be part of the reason. Also, I think that while there are many manga readers, there are fewer collectors. There were some there, but it was almost like an afterthought. Most of the space was devoted to huge life-sized dioramas, like you'd see in a museum, and lots of smaller, model-sized statues and figures. They were also showing anime, had a cosplay contest, speakers and presenters (which I didn't go to see since I didn't speak Japanese), etc. It felt more like a history of, and celebration of, manga and anime than a place for collectors to find long-sought after items.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#4 (permalink))
Old
sfmeow (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Hi! I am new here
I also planned to go to comiket as well!
Here's an English website for you
ComicMarket WebSite To Attendees from Overseas
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Rukisama (Offline)
Owns Aoi-chan^^

Send a message via MSN to Rukisama
11-16-2007, 07:37 AM

i never heard of that and i live in okinawa

Rukisamaセクシーキティの漂白剤....
My alter-ego: yumiko
Yumiko...Love and Death[/size]My JF Fam.
uber cute lover:Neko Takkun
cute little sis:Orihimegirl123
estranged little mixed sister: DivineBled