JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
DAMB (Offline)
JF Regular

11-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Ok, googled it and it seems that, if you have the right paperwork done at home or wherever you are (blood analysis results etc.), no quarantine's required (or only for a max. of 12 hours).

Maybe it isn't as easy in reality?

Mmm, and maybe I should stop polluting this post?
(#32 (permalink))
Old
randomcode (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to randomcode
12-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Though I've never been to Japan, from what I've gathered its not that easy to be a non native English teacher... But the suggestion to see if there are positions for a Dutch teacher is pretty good if you think about it. I mean every country has teachers of every language. This would be why you can learn any language you want (English, French, Japanese, so on) in your home country, why should Japan be any different. If I learned Dutch(here in New Zealand) to the same extent that you know English, You probably could get a job as a Dutch teacher well before I could. Same thing visa versa with myself and English. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Souboshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Souboshi
teaching - 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM

I think you are quite correct in being more likely to get an English-teaching job than a Dutch job and vise-versa. I have actually been thinking about an attempt at a job teaching English in Japan myself... probably to younger children due to the fact that they are more fun in my mind. I have been attempting to to teach myself how to speak and read Japanese since 7th grade due to the fact that I have always wanted to go there and I have always wanted to be a children's teacher at the same time.

I don't think a vacation could satisfy me simply because I have wanted to live there for a large portion of my life and have been moving toward that goal during it.
I truly desire to live in Japan, but I am still not entirely sure how to go about it.
If anyone has any ideas, I would be much abliged.

Thank you.