JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
micxnet (Offline)
New to JF

Suzuka: Track Days Available? - 11-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Hey everyone,

I will be traveling to Japan next March for a two week trip. I am currently planning for the various things I want to do while I'm over there and recently I thought of taking a car out on the Suzuka track for some laps.

I was wondering if there are any track days available, or who I can contact to organise something like this, is doesn't have to be specifically the Suzuka track as I only know this one from the F1 series. Also I would need a car, and would prefer to take out a proper Evo, RX-8 or Skyline, my top pick would be the new Evo X but I don't like my chances of being able to hire one for the track day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this would be a brilliant experience.

Cheers,

Mike.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
11-23-2007, 07:26 PM

There are numerous good circuits in Japan, some are easy to get into (they are opened 5 days a week, and a race car can be rented on the place), some, as Suzuka or Fuji Speedway (the most popular japanese circuits), are open only in some moments since a lot of events are held there.
When you're in Japan, go to a book store and pick up a magazine about amateur racing. Look for the circuits advertised and give them a call.
(if you want to call Suzuka Circuit, the number is 0593-78-1111).

As for the car to rent, usually there's not a huge selection on the circuit. Just take what they give you... and cross your fingers it's an Evo or a Skyline (an r32 tuned maybe!!), but most likely it will be a Silvia, a Chaser, a JZX100 Mark II or a 180sx.
I personally love the RX8. It's excellent, the small 1.3l wankel engine and the settings make this car soooo easy to drive at high speeds!! Plus, it's incredibly sexy!! .