JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
11-26-2007, 09:13 AM

.. this is either a joke, or you need to get out more..

seriously...

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
11-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoSan View Post
No I do not, it was just a simple question, my dad thinks they do and for some reason thats what I heard, and is learning many new things everyday, Im only 14, so yeah. Thanks for all the answers.

BTW, I highly respect the Japanese and do not think any such things of them. They are sophisticated and quite capable of making food without scavenging for it. Although, I respect your opinion.
your dad thinks they do?

... mmmm i am normally a very nice person and willing to help every one.. but

is your dad one of those Super strict zealot Christians?

okay so your 14 and u dont know much about the world thats understandable.

but your father should know better...

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#23 (permalink))
Old
raminaka (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up does Japan kill Christians - 12-01-2007, 02:17 PM

I am fortunate to tell you that is NOT true. I am married to a Japanese for almost 5yrs now. We have a child together and I have been Japan 2x's and will be going back in the spring. My husband's family and we are Christians. They go to church. YES they have churches there. I saw inthe summer a Roman Catholic church, I was so shocked... that was in Atame, (where the Big Buddha is. Very Beatiful place to see. The lotus flowers on the pond looks like giant lily pads)...anyways...My inlaws are Christians. They are Lutherans', which is a split between protestants and Catholic, (more so protestants). Japan is really beautiful to see. I have been to Kyoto, Nagahama, Asakusa, Ginza, Tokyo, Chiba,(where my family lives), Odaiba, which is beautiful to see at nighttime. Its like a carnival lit up. The ferris wheel is all lit up and changes different colors, the gondolas boats on the water are outlined with lights too. They have a nostalgia time period where the Tokyo Tower was built and you can see it in different stages of the building times.. It is very nice to see. We are going back in the spring break of March 28th-April 6th,2008 for a week. We are going to see cherry blossoms, which is a huge thing to see in Japan. I love the scenry in Japan. My grandparents my marriage are there and even though they have been in invited to know CHrist, they simply deny our faith, they are still in Buddha/shintoism, yet they wear the modern day clothes and not kimonos. Kimonos are coming backin style for young girls, even the wooden thongs are coming back, and they are very uncomfortable believ eyou me. I tried on a pair and theya re very narrow and short... the old style anyways. I have a few kimonos here tha my husband's grandparents,-hiro ojisan/hiro-obasan...I think or it may be "hito".. I forget... they gacve the real Japanese silk for our daughter to have and some comoon cotton ones as well. They wrapped me up in one in the summer of this yr after the Tropical Storm came through, and i was still a bit warm in it.. I felt like I had a gurney on me, I caouldnt breathe... poossibly because I am not as thin as I once was.. hahaha. Sorry for so long... hope you enjoyed...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

12-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgoten100 View Post
PRESENT:

Today, about one to two million Japanese are Christians (about 1% of Japan's population). Most of them live in Western Japan where the missionaries' activities were greatest during the 16th century.

A few Christian customs have become quite popular also among the non-Christian population. Such customs are the wearing of white dresses at weddings or the celebration of St.Valentine's Day and, to a certain grade, also Christmas.

PAST:

In the year 1542, the first Europeans from Portugal landed on Kyushu in Western Japan. The two historically most important things they imported to Japan were gunpowder and Christianity. The Japanese barons on Kyushu welcomed foreign trade especially because of the new weapons, and, therefore, tolerated the Jesuit missionaries. The missionaires were successful in converting quite large numbers of people in Western Japan including members of the ruling class. In 1550, Francis Xavier also undertook a mission to the capital Kyoto.

Towards the end of the 16th century, the Jesuits lost their monopoly position in Japan when Franciscan missionaries arrived in Kyoto despite a first banning edict by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. In 1597, Hideyoshi proclaimed a more serious banning edict and executed 26 Franciscans in Nagasaki as a warning. Tokugawa Ieyasu and his successors continued the persecution of Christianity in several further edicts.

The main reason which led to the complete extinction of Christianity in Japan by 1638 were the government's intentions to excert absolute control over its people. This would not have been possible with the interference of an aggressive and intolerant foreign religion like Christianity of that time.

In 1873 after the Meiji restoration, freedom of religion was promulgated, and especially since World War II the number of Japanese Christians is slowly increasing again.
Hey man i didn't ask for history I get enough of that at the High School.

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#25 (permalink))
Old
raminaka (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up does Japan kill Christians - 12-01-2007, 02:19 PM

I am fortunate to tell you that is NOT true. I am married to a Japanese for almost 5yrs now. We have a child together and I have been Japan 2x's and will be going back in the spring. My husband's family and we are Christians. They go to church. YES they have churches there, of course its in Japanese, but its real cool to listen, I understand Japanese, some of it, but I cant translate.. My brain just doesnt work fast enough. Our daughter understands Japanese very well. She is 20 mos.. I saw in the summer a Roman Catholic church, I was so shocked. .. that was in Atame, (where the Big Buddha is. Very Beautiful place to see. The lotus flowers on the pond looks like giant lily pads)...anyways...My inlaws are Christians. They are Lutherans', which is a split between protestants and Catholic, (more so protestants). Japan is really beautiful to see. I have been to Kyoto, Nagahama, Asakusa, Ginza, Tokyo, Chiba,(where my family lives), Odaiba, which is beautiful to see at nighttime. Its like a carnival lit up. The ferris wheel is all lit up and changes different colors, the gondolas boats on the water are outlined with lights too. They have a nostalgia time period where the Tokyo Tower was built and you can see it in different stages of the building times.. It is very nice to see. We are going back in the spring break of March 28th-April 6th,2008 for a week. We are going to see cherry blossoms, which is a huge thing to see in Japan. I love the scenery in Japan. My grandparents my marriage are there and even though they have been in invited to know Christ, they simply deny our faith, they are still in Buddha/shintoism, yet they wear the modern day clothes and not kimonos. Kimonos are coming back in style for young girls, even the wooden thongs are coming back, and they are very uncomfortable believe you me. I tried on a pair and they are very narrow and short... the old style anyways. I have a few kimonos here that my husband's grandparents,-hiro ojisan/hiro-obasan...I think or it may be "hito".. I forget... they gave the real Japanese silk for our daughter to have and some common cotton ones as well. They wrapped me up in one in the summer of this yr after the Tropical Storm came through, and I was still a bit warm in it.. I felt like I had a gurney on me, I couldnt breathe... poossibly because I am not as thin as I once was.. hahaha. Sorry for so long... hope you enjoyed...

Last edited by raminaka : 12-01-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: misspelled words
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

12-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooflowers View Post
LIES!!

Every1 knows all christians are brutally murdered the instance they set foot in Japanese territory by religious guided chopstick's....
hmm.................If this is true what about Methadis?(other form of beleiving in christ)

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#27 (permalink))
Old
lonelyzion (Offline)
New to JF

12-02-2007, 09:30 AM

wow what a history and u r right! but thats the past isnt it. things changes this generations. think about what had happened in the HOLY LAND. its more complicated. but its safe same as japan.
in here, three religions exist and live hand and hand i just dont know why people especially the media are giving the wrong impressions. what a pity? to know the truth its better to see things. "to see is to believe"."
well, am inviting the japanese to come and visit the HOLY LAND to justify all the information they are getting.
in fact, theres a lot of japanese here especially at the unviersities.

www.zenithzion.net or HIT ME to expand ur knowledge.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-02-2007, 02:03 PM

I wish they did still...It'd stop the korean missonaries pestering me to confess my sins (where would I start?)

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-02-2007, 04:38 PM

uhm. when you get past the age of 13...you don't usually tend to listen to your dad much...well, i didn't.

and no, the japanese don't kill christians, they're not that barbaric.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#30 (permalink))
Old
KudoSan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Lol, thats good. I highly respect the Japanese and hearing that the christian Japanese community is rising, slowly, but is rising, makes me glad to hear. Only making me respect them more than I did.