JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Rockycchi (Offline)
New to JF

Biking Gaijins - 12-05-2007, 01:54 AM

My friends and I, three females and one male,ages 37 to 55, are planning a bike trip across Japan...the long way, about 1800 miles (2896 Km) from Kagoshima to the northern tip of Hokkaido. We are looking for a great cultural Japanese experience. We plan on leaving from the most southern tip of Kyushu (Sata) on March 15, 2008 and have until the end of May to complete our journey. We hope this will leave us time to enjoy everything Japan has to offer.. We would like to meet other Japanese as well as experience everyday Japanese life.

Also, we are willing to help at any project or job you may be doing. Need help in the garden, fishing, making Japanese food... Do you like to drink? We do too! You pick the task, we are willing to try anything. Please join us while we camp for eating great Japanese food. Do you want to join us for biking, we welcome your company.

Of course, this all will depend on if our schedule will allow us to take the time. We have never done a trip like this and don't know what to expect. Our plan is to leave the Southern tip of Japan and follow the Pacific ocean, then once on Hunshu we will follow the Japan Sea. We are willing to deviate somewhat. If we are in the area at the time we would like to meet you. Let us know.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
webbyinjapan (Offline)
New to JF

12-29-2007, 02:40 AM

Rocky,,,I live in Fukui = The Hokkuriku area along The Sea of Japan. Let me know your schedule and any help you need,,,PM me Webby
(#3 (permalink))
Old
HIalchemist (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-01-2008, 08:27 PM

oh wow! thats awsome!

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Rockycchi (Offline)
New to JF

01-11-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbyinjapan View Post
Rocky,,,I live in Fukui = The Hokkuriku area along The Sea of Japan. Let me know your schedule and any help you need,,,PM me Webby
Thanks for your reply. I found Fukui on my map, It is about half way along our route. We plan to be in that area sometime around April 9-15th if everything works out as we plan. Are there any cool onsens near your area? Do you think biking on the roads is safe? Thanks again! Rocky
(#5 (permalink))
Old
HimawariChan (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Woow!! It's sounds fun!
I hope that you'll have a great trip!! ^^

Himawari

SWEDEN
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Rockycchi (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimawariChan View Post
Woow!! It's sounds fun!
I hope that you'll have a great trip!! ^^
Oh, we'll have fun! How can you not have fun in Japan? Great food, great scenery, great drinking, great people...life is good!!!

Starting date is March 15 at the Sata starting gate. One picture of the sign and we're off. See you there.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM

Hope you enjoy the trip, although, to me, that sounds extremely tiring and stressful. Then again, for a vacation, I'm the sightsee + relaxing type.