JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2008, 07:53 PM

Wow, stunning. I feel bad since I've lived in Japan a good part of my life and never traveled around with a camera. You've inspired me to go back and take good pictures of everything.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

02-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
You don't know Osaka? It's a major city in Japan. Like Kobe, Tokyo, Nagasaki etc.

Most of the cities there look really nice. Skyscrapers everywhere. It looks so impressive. The nighttime explorations must be mind-boggling.
Ah... I hardly know anything about Japan, just that it interests me. I'll be sure to visit Osaka.

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#53 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-29-2008, 02:08 AM

Ok, by popular request, here are more pictures. First, these are 4 more of the 7 Lucky God statues outside Takayama. (You can see another of the set in the "Statues" collage). The ladders beside them show their impressive scale!

Next we have more pictures of Nachi Falls, the tallest waterfall in Japan, and the traditional first major get-together of the Wakayama AJET each year. (You can see another picture of Nachi Falls in the "Rural Japan" collage) This first set shows the main falls and a little of the temple near it (I have more shots of the temple there if you're interested). It also shows some of the difficult trek through the Japanese countryside, wading through rivers and climbing over rocks, to get to the 2nd and 3rd Nachi Falls, which very few visitors ever see. The trail is barely marked, as you can see, and it was a tough 90 minute hike 1 way!

Here is more of the hiking trail, and some of my fellow JETs, and finally, Nachi Falls #2! It's much smaller than the main one, but after the exhausing hike, many of the JETs just had to dive in and swim out to the base of the falls, as you can see!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#54 (permalink))
Old
aishiterugazette (Offline)
New to JF

03-01-2008, 09:11 AM

i was just wondering, did you become an exchange student or something? What organisation did you go with. I'm going to japan for a year and I was just wondering about other organisations as well. wow great pictures!
(#55 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishiterugazette View Post
i was just wondering, did you become an exchange student or something? What organisation did you go with. I'm going to japan for a year and I was just wondering about other organisations as well. wow great pictures!
Thanks! I was an English teacher, not a student. I was on the JET program, which stands for Japan Exchange and Teaching. It is sponsored by the Japanese govt, and they take native English speakers to team-teach English with Japanese teachers in Japan's public schools. You can learn more about it here: The JET Programme--Official Homepage of The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme

(#56 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Those Nachi Falls photographs are truly amazing. The second image of it is definitely the one I like the most.

You did such a good job in taking these photos, any time you want to show us more feel free. Japan is one beautiful place. ^_~
(#57 (permalink))
Old
amona (Offline)
New to JF

03-20-2008, 11:10 AM

WAW..very nice pcs..
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-02-2008, 03:57 PM

I just realized, I forgot all about this thread. I never commented on the statues you put. You said you put up the first 4 out of 7 total of the Lucky God Statues, do you have the other 3?

I think it's time for you to post so more photos of your wonderful trip to Japan Samurai007-san. ^_^

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-02-2008 at 04:11 PM.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-04-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I just realized, I forgot all about this thread. I never commented on the statues you put. You said you put up the first 4 out of 7 total of the Lucky God Statues, do you have the other 3?

I think it's time for you to post so more photos of your wonderful trip to Japan Samurai007-san. ^_^
Sorry I didn't notice this post sooner, Kanji. I too had forgotten all about this thread.

One of the remaining 3 gods was already featured in my Statues collage (he's on the upper left):

Here are the remaining 2 gods, along with a shot of the front entrance to the statues:

And here are a few more miscellaneous shots, including 1 more statue that isn't quite as old or traditional... The other 2 shots are from the beautiful Kanazawa Park and one of the most famous temple rock gardens in Japan.

(#60 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM

As usual, very good pictures there. ^_^

Oh, out of curiosity, is that a statue Colonel Sanders?