LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-21-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Would you like to be in the Osaka/Kobe area, since you visited it and thoroughly liked it from what I read, or would you like to explore a different area of Japan? Does the north (Tohoku and Hokkaido) interest you or perhaps the inland sea area?
I really loved Osaka, and since I know about it and have visited I think it would be wiser to stick with something I know. If I went back to Japan on holiday next year I would definitely visit Osaka again, but I would certainly like to explore other regions of Japan.

I'd really need to research which is best for me, in terms of prices, job prospects etc. If I could get a decent job, then I'd be happy mostly anywhere decent, but I'd really love one in Osaka. My Japanese is quite poor at the moment so I'm hoping to improve that in the coming year.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Hah, I still find it odd to say I've been a few months ago. It was really my dream, kinda hasn't sunk in yet. I'm already planning my next trip, I've just sold a load of junk and ebay to raise a little bit of cash, hah.
I know what you mean! I think I haven't been and then I remember:
Japan October 2010 Part Two - YouTube

I don't know how I'm gonna get back there now though,and who with. There might be a Japanese person at uni but I can't exactly say ''Oi,give me a trip!''

I could always come up with a plan in the meantime though. Hopefully I'll get to actually speak Japanese next time!
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Tatami (Offline)
New to JF

10-19-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm hoping that next year I'll be going there finally. It will take almost all my saving but it will be so worth it.

I want to go at least to Tokyo and Osaka. I'm not sure what can be done in just a week
(#134 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I know what you mean. I was there in October and I still remember it like yesterday. I'm set for next March-18 days for my fourth visit. I took a loan from my 401K (retirement acct.) to pay for it.
Only a month, eh? It's been 13 years since I returned from teaching English in Japan, and I still have so many memories of my time there! I remember it far better than the more recent years when I came back to my ordinary hum-drum life.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#135 (permalink))
Old
KingSmoker (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2012, 06:24 AM

I’ve been there once and it was awesome. All the places were so beautiful and also colourful. I’ll be visiting there again with my family real soon.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
bigkid44 (Offline)
New to JF

06-27-2014, 04:58 PM

I went a couple years ago and want to go back vry much
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Yoshitsune1976 (Offline)
New to JF

07-16-2014, 06:57 AM

I have been to Okinawa at the end of May of 2014

Really pretty good place to have a trip.

(#138 (permalink))
Old
davidannis (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2014, 12:05 PM

I went to Japan in 2009 and blogged every day. I took my son who was interested in Japan. He's now there for seven weeks, learning Japanese. I tried to get him to blog his trip, with no success. My teen doesn't take his dad's advice ;(