JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
tvfan (Offline)
New to JF

12-06-2010, 04:44 AM

Went there this summer for 2 weeks. Absolutely loved it! Went to Osaka, Tokyo, Kobe and Awaji Island

Hopefully will go this summer for 2 months this time.

P.S: It's everything you've imagined and MORE!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 05:22 PM

Well,living in Britain,it's not exactly like going to France! I have been once. I went in October of last year and stayed in Ikebukuro,went on the train to different parts of Tokyo and also went to Kamakura one day. I don't know when I'll be able to go back there. I've also gotta go to America twice next year,just the way things have worked out,so it'll happen when it happens.
That'll be new to me too. First I'm going to New York on a trip with the college which as far as I know none of my friends are going on,which I'm not expecting a lot from. I need the experience traveling. Then I'm going to California for Power Morphicon which will hopefully be my leisure time.

The problem is my Japanese clearly isn't as if Minami Kotaro were in the room. In the Japanese language forum I tried to show them what I've got,it was a disaster. I've gotta find some poor soul who'll put up with me for next time I go!

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 05-29-2011 at 05:25 PM.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

05-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Most of you know I just finished my first year living in Japan. Most of you don't know, however, that I just recently returned to the States for a short break. My reason for this is because it's looking like my next trip back to Japan soon will be for a long stretch, looking at about 2 years so far. Granted, my family is planning on swinging by next year, but I won't be back in my hometown or anything for such a long period of time so I decided it would be a good idea to kind of finish any loose ends before gong back.
So far I've been kicking it between Washington DC and Baltimore, and I'm planning out trips to Philadelphia and NYC before I leave

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM

I can finally be part of the list who went. Hita City, Oita prefecture, Kyushu Island.

But I went to Fukuoka and Kitakyushu city too :]

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
chillybunny (Offline)
New to JF

08-21-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm here now. This is my second trip!
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Not long returned from my second trip!

Probably won't return for a while now though as I want to see more of the world, but I'm definitely going to keep on learning the language at least!
(#127 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-21-2011, 08:50 PM

Hah, I still find it odd to say I've been a few months ago. It was really my dream, kinda hasn't sunk in yet. I'm already planning my next trip, I've just sold a load of junk and ebay to raise a little bit of cash, hah.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Hah, I still find it odd to say I've been a few months ago. It was really my dream, kinda hasn't sunk in yet. I'm already planning my next trip, I've just sold a load of junk and ebay to raise a little bit of cash, hah.
I know what you mean. I was there in October and I still remember it like yesterday. I'm set for next March-18 days for my fourth visit. I took a loan from my 401K (retirement acct.) to pay for it.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Sweet, have a wonderful time!

I'm actually considering living there for a year when I have finished my degree. I've never really thought about teaching, but I have a passion for English and I don't think that would be too hard to translate into teaching English.

Either that or basically finish University, work a year in the field I'll be qualified for to gain the funds and experience to teach in Japan, and then go to Japan for a further year after that.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-21-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Sweet, have a wonderful time!

I'm actually considering living there for a year when I have finished my degree. I've never really thought about teaching, but I have a passion for English and I don't think that would be too hard to translate into teaching English.

Either that or basically finish University, work a year in the field I'll be qualified for to gain the funds and experience to teach in Japan, and then go to Japan for a further year after that.
Would you like to be in the Osaka/Kobe area, since you visited it and thoroughly liked it from what I read, or would you like to explore a different area of Japan? Does the north (Tohoku and Hokkaido) interest you or perhaps the inland sea area?