JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kir0 (Offline)
JF Regular

10-18-2008, 06:51 AM

Akiba is the place to be for gamers and anime, I went there last year. There were people as far as the eye could see. Maybe a little exageration. Here is a photo from inside the train station.

I just realized how ould this thread is. XD

Visited Japan in 2007.

I am female.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Went to a maid cafe in Akihabara with a friend two days ago. It was a bit expensive but good fun and my perception of maid cafes has changed (I was expecting them all to be a bit sleazy but the one I went to wasn`t at all). Worth going to at least once for experience sake.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2008, 05:09 PM

I'm a huge fan of Yodobashi in Akiba. Well worth a trip!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2008, 07:00 PM

I went to the @Home Maid cafe last month and it was really interesting. I was expecting a regular cafe with girls dressed as maids but I didn't expect it to be so entertaining. The girls are amazing actresses!

I was also surprised at how many of the customers were female. Probably 1/4 to 1/3?

Either way, Akihabara has been changing over the years. It seems to be growing in the services field (video parlors, maid cafes) while its electronics retailers are slowly disappearing.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tunifun (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Tunifun
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM

Akihabara for me it was like Ikebukuro i tried the maid cafe i was curious but nothing special other than a lot of electronics ...
I prefer a lot Shibuya or Asakusa.

Arabic, French and English speaking
(#16 (permalink))
Old
yukiyugioh (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to yukiyugioh
.-. - 04-17-2009, 01:54 PM

i think akiba is pretty cool, if you have money to spend.
my freind forced me to get a picture with a maid. one said no but other said ok lol.

Do you live in tokyo? Give me a message! ( im not a stalker )

I gots a photo wif a akihabara maid.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
04-17-2009, 05:07 PM

I went to Akiba last year wit my friends, but when I went there it is almost rush hour time coz almost all shops is starting to pack their things inside to close their shops.. they close soo early here.. huhu~

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#18 (permalink))
Old
talz13 (Offline)
New to JF

04-18-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Don't get too excited. It's not like Disneyland...but good for a couple hours of decent exploration.
a couple hours.... A COUPLE HOURS??? I spent that long looking through ONE store, not to mention the fact that there were about 20 others like it that I had to go through. Maid cafes, C&C curry, arcades... Actually, come to think of it, I think my friend and I spent nearly a week solid there. Granted, we did go back to some places that we visited before, but it was still a very entertaining week!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-21-2009, 11:11 AM

Mmm, C&C Curry... And they sell the rouxs, too!

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-21-2009, 12:41 PM

I went to Akihabara on Sunday with a friend, mainly to try and get some pics from inside a maid cafe. Unfortunately they didn't allow pictures (they showed us a lists of rules before we were seated).

The maid cafe experience was underwhelming, to say the least. Some of the maids looked attractive in their outfits, but my friend and I already had pretty girlfriends, so we were very interested. But the cafe was full of others (20/30-something male virgins) who couldn't seem to get enough of them.

As it was, it cost us 3000 yen for our seats, 600 yen for some noisome (which means not-very-good) chicken nuggets, and another 600 yen for a beer. 4200 yen total... the money would have been better spent at a hostess club.

But the day wasn't a total loss, I found a good deal on a clean Nikon F4, and an HDMI cable for my television.