JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Trip Reports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/)
-   -   Harold in Japan - A teen's perspective. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/16175-harold-japan-teens-perspective.html)

Harold 06-08-2008 04:08 AM

Harold in Japan - A teen's perspective.

Hello everyone,

I am soon departing from my hometown in Texas to Naha, Okinawa, Japan for a 6 week foreign exchange trip. I thought it might be an interest to some, so I decided to post a link to my blog here for those to see.

Harold in Japan

I hope you enjoy it and feel like you're tagging along right with me. I will update as much as I can.

Thanks!

Nagoyankee 06-08-2008 04:32 AM

OMG, 6 weeks on the semi-tropical island! Sandy beaches! Exotic-looking girls!

Hope you enjoy your stay there. Have a safe trip!

GodNickSatan 06-08-2008 05:25 AM

I just read through your blog. It sounds like an awesome trip. Have fun, mang!

EveV 06-08-2008 06:14 AM

Oh wow.
That sounds so amazing.
I'd be so nervous x.x

Have funnn!!

MMM 06-08-2008 06:37 AM

Never been to Okinawa, but have always wanted to. It's a whole different world there, from what I hear (in a good way!)

EveV 06-08-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 508551)
Never been to Okinawa, but have always wanted to. It's a whole different world there, from what I hear (in a good way!)

You haven't?!?

Yea it's defiantly a place too see.
If I could go to Japan that'd be my first stop.

I have a friend who lived there for 4 years.
The things I hear about it are just.. wow.

All the cats have these cute little kinks in their tails to!

Nagoyankee 06-08-2008 07:29 AM

I've only been there once on a business trip, but I assure you that Okinawa looks and feels very different from the rest of Japan. It was in February when I went and they were already selling shaved ice on the streets! I was wearing a big down coat because it was freezing in Tokyo, where I live.

Everything was different there. People's faces, their speech (I felt like a foreigner), sky colors, trees, food (all parts of hogs consumed), heavy American influence (they eat SPAM, and buy KFC in huge barrels never seen in Tokyo), etc..

When I was in my hotel watching the U.S. game shows on the military channel, sipping cherry coke and munching on the American snacks unavailable in Tokyo, I actually felt I was in California or somewhere.

I've got to go back there sometime! People are very open and friendly there.

Cyclamen 06-08-2008 10:58 AM

Okinawa!? Sounds awesome!
I've never been there, but I really would like to.
From what I've heard and studied, Okinawa is very different from the rest of Japan.
Harold, learn some Ryukyuan language! :mtongue:

godwine 06-11-2008 02:43 PM

Are you there already? There is a Karate seminar that I may attend in August

Moko 06-13-2008 04:20 AM

Have fun and be safe!!!!:)
god i wish i could go but i'm going next year to visit some friends so i can wait.